The official "We don't want Wayne Rooney" thread.

Re: The official

GStar said:
Pigeonho said:
Well said DD, well fucking said. Some real deranged people on here.. walking away from the club because of a player?!!! I'm actually convinced thats just talk on here, and they'll secretly be buying their Rooney shirts on 2/1/11. A case of 'i'm a bigger city fan than you', ('but I secretly agree with you'), me thinks.

Dave, they're not saying they want to support someone else, just that they don't agree what we're becoming. I can sympathise, even if i don't fully agree. It seems your be all and end all is success, but i don't think i'd be risking too much to say that's not top of everyones agenda.

To dismiss anyone who'd walk away from the club stinks imo, you think everyone can just drop supporting City easily? i don't, we don't strike me as a club you simply pick up and throw away at a whim, i'd take that more seriously and respect that others must be feeling quite strongly aboutt his is they are contemplating something so drastic.

Pidge; haven't really understood a single point you've made today, other than slag off anyone who's dared speak a different opinion to you. Nice one.
You're on your own then, as there's been more than a few agree with me today, quite a few infact. Thats by the by though. The thing is Gstar, people are threatening to walk away from the club if we sign a player? Forget who it is, where he's coming from.... he will be a player, OUR player at that, who joins OUR club. Why anyone thinks walking away is acceptable is beyond me, just as its also beyond me how anyone can understand why they would go. I've not slagged anyone off, I said bimbobob and The frontzeck are completely out of order and not real fans if thats what they do, delueded too I think I put. Thats my opinion, just as its their opinion they think they will walk away from the club.
In my eyes a real fan would support the club no matter what position its in, and who it signs. No-one should ever walk away from the club they support, ever. If Bluemoon was online at the time we went down to division 3, god only knows what kind of posts their would have been, because if posts like theirs exist when we look to be signing one of the worlds marquee players, fuck knows what it would have been like when we went down all those years ago.

Didsbury Dave said:
Carlos Tevez was castigated by the small minded for wearing a West Ham shirt the day we played them. End of argument.

They all do it. I bet most of our squad have kissed badges in the past.

Robinho kissed ours.

It matters not a jot in the scheme of things, apart from to fans.

I don't see how Tevez irritating the 'small minded' by adourning a hammers shirt negates my points about Rooney's badge kissing. If I signed for a club other than City, as a City fan i wouldn't dream of coming back to Eastlands banging one in and then taunting the club that I adore. Thats what Shrek did and I think that it says a lot about his perspective on football - just because he's good at it doesn't mean he knows what its all about, and to be honest if you don't subscribe to heritage and tribalism and think that the fans don't matter a jot then you don't know anything worthwhile about football either.

Oh well...maybe in another generation when other lads have come to take our place and they are all fucking corporate cocksuckers you'll be sorry.

GStar said:
Didsbury Dave said:
So you follow City through the shit times and desert the club when we land our first world class player.

Hahahahahaha

There will be plenty to take your places, lads.

Enjoy Macc Town. They could do with new fans. Their shirts are cheap too.

Exactly what i was talking about with this "down the nose" approach to fans with differing opinions, its disgusting to see really.

"Ther'll be plenty to take your places, lads"

That's about as red a term as you'll ever here... and look where they are now.

I think its only right some fans are on the fence or even completely opposed to this, we're obviously not the same club we've all been used to supporting. People will have different thresholds, i can easily understand some people growing disillusioned with these events.

Well said. Pretending that you know so much better when almost half the City supporters polled on this site fundamentally disagree with your view is quite amusing in itself but calling them clowns and so forth is just arrogant and pompous in a way that is reminiscent of supporters of a certain other club.

You clearly don't like the fact that so many of us don't like the thought of signing Rooney, but tough get used to it. The Evening News poll has almost 70% against. Citymancs poll also firmly against. Mancityfans.net poll also against. Mancityforum poll firmly against, Vital thread mostly against, Bluewatch close etc etc. Spot the running theme yet?

So its pretty even stevens with either the slimmest of majorities in favour either way or actually you're the ones in the minority no matter how many times you get on that high horse and pontificate to us as though you are in some way better fans than us.

You're not. We are just as entitled to our views.

And no it isn't because he's currently a rag. But I can't be fussed explaining it again to anyone who is simplistic enough to think that:

a/ any objection can only be because he's a rag, or
b/ he is the greatest player in the world and would ensure world domination

Pigeonho said:
You're on your own then, as there's been more than a few agree with me today, quite a few infact. Thats by the by though. The thing is Gstar, people are threatening to walk away from the club if we sign a player? Forget who it is, where he's coming from.... he will be a player, OUR player at that, who joins OUR club. Why anyone thinks walking away is acceptable is beyond me, just as its also beyond me how anyone can understand why they would go. I've not slagged anyone off, I said bimbobob and The frontzeck are completely out of order and not real fans if thats what they do, delueded too I think I put. Thats my opinion, just as its their opinion they think they will walk away from the club.
In my eyes a real fan would support the club no matter what position its in, and who it signs. No-one should ever walk away from the club they support, ever. If Bluemoon was online at the time we went down to division 3, god only knows what kind of posts their would have been, because if posts like theirs exist when we look to be signing one of the worlds marquee players, fuck knows what it would have been like when we went down all those years ago.

Clearly not on my own... and the bit in bold, that's the entire crux of the matter, but lets just breeze past it and belittle the others.

Would you support City, if we wore red, changed our sponsors to "Sharp" and called ourselves "City United"?

Obviously hyperboling, but all i'm trying to say is, everyone has different thresholds, and when the club changes and becomes different than the club you originally began supporting, it will ruffle a few feathers... in some cases justifiably so.

I think this whole sage shows how some seem to have become obsessed with success, no matter what price we as a club pay.

That's not the City i began supporting, but similarly i'm nowhere near my 'tipping point' i'm warming to the idea of persuing Rooney, even thinking we actually instigated this series of events, but it still feels uncomfortable i can understand others taking a stronger stance.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.