The Pep 'Survivor List' (Senior and Junior (loanee) players)

perhaps 3, but i was thinking he'd sign 2 top ones, keep Fernandinho (who i still think is class on his day, just needs his mojo back) and Delph and promote the best central midfielder from the EDS

Maybe.

The more I think about it, there could be a lot on the way out. I'd put money on Yaya, Fernando, Mangala, Bony, Kolarov, Demichelis and one of Zaba/Sagna to leave.

It's not a straight choice between the two is it?
Both could stay or both could go just as easily.
No, they both couldn't go just as easily. One is David Silva and one is Fabian Delph.
Anyone who thinks Pep isn't looking forward to getting a grip of Silva next year and improving him as opposed to fucking him off are doolally.

Maybe.

The more I think about it, there could be a lot on the way out. I'd put money on Yaya, Fernando, Mangala, Bony, Kolarov, Demichelis and one of Zaba/Sagna to leave.

agree with most, if replacements are well priced or top class, but i think Mangala will stay (i think he's got potential, good pace and reading of the game, personal opinion though) and i think he wont bother with right back until he's sorted CM, LB and CB

I prefer to look at it a different way as simply not being sold will make a player a survivor. My vibe is this. Of the current players in our best XI i expect that minimum 5 of those will be replaced by better players. That means that those 5 players will either have to accept their place in the pecking order has dropped, or move along.

Henry's comments yesterday hit the nail on the head for me. "He [Guardiola] will know the minute he walks into the Etihad who is surplus to requirements. And if you don’t fit the bill, you’re out. It doesn’t matter how much you cost, how much you get paid or what you have achieved."

The naivest thing we could do is start guaranteeing certain players are safe. With the exception of De Bruyne, Sterling, and Kun, the former two because rumour has it they were requested by Pep, and the latter because he's getting a new deal so obviously Pep rates him, everyone else's position will be up for grabs.

When has Silva ever had pace?
Hes a fucking world class playmaker you fucking idiot, what's all this liability in defence sprung up from?
Firstly can you stop with the "fucking idiot" stuff please ?

Secondly Silva doesn't do enough defensively, nowhere near enough, nobody wants him diving into tackles in our own penalty area, but he could do more to get in the way up the pitch, make it harder for opponents to pass the ball forward, just become a nuisance in their midfield areas. Its not just Silva though, in fact all of our attacking players need to do more of this, we should be defending as a team, and attacking as a team. On Saturday we certainly didn't defend as a team, not like Leicester did, and yet Leicester still had far more chances than we did, despite defending from the front, and nearly every time they attacked us, we only had 4 or 5 players defending, whilst when we attacked they always had 8 or 9 defending. That's not all down to the manager, its also down to players not working hard enough, and the manager whilst ultimately carrying the can, can only do so much, if some players think that defending is beneath them.

Fernandinho... No chance. Not composed enough

You astound me. Over the whole season, in which we have not performed wonderfully (and nothing like the 2011-12 and 2013-14 seasons), Fernandinho has a good shout for being our most consistently skilled player. I like Delph, very much, and respect him, but I just don't see him as being savvy enough to be a Pep player. Ferny, on the other hand…
And by the way, to clear something up — the op had nothing to I want, but what I believe Pep will see as being potential in a team stamped with his trademark. As such, it is, of course, pure speculation. That's what tends to happen on a forum — all forums, of whatever nature. And another thing I'd like to emphasise. I was talking about what I believe will potentially happen over the two windows, summer 2016, summer 2017 (and January, if you count it). Obviously, Pep is not Malcolm Allison, and there will be no car boot sale this summer, right from the get-go. And certain players may surprise us over the next season. I sincerely hope they do. I see a lot of you are keeping Otamendi, or rather, saying that Pep will certainly want to keep him. I'm starting to lose faith in the guy, for reasons posted earlier — I would love to be proven wrong. A central defence with a consistently fit Vinny and just a consistent Otamendi is a dream pairing, which could give us the strength, along with other factors, to push right through to the final of the CL. And that is what our owners want, along with domestic silverware. Wouldn't mind it myself, come to that.

Last edited:
There have been rumors about Pep wanting Claudio Bravo. I know Joe is seen as untouchable by many here and I like him as well, but there is a chance Pep doesn't feel he suits his style.
Maybe not but be will probably have to shoehorn an English player in somewhere so a sacrfice to his own phikosophy might have to be made somewhere.

I prefer to look at it a different way as simply not being sold will make a player a survivor. My vibe is this. Of the current players in our best XI i expect that minimum 5 of those will be replaced by better players. That means that those 5 players will either have to accept their place in the pecking order has dropped, or move along.

Henry's comments yesterday hit the nail on the head for me. "He [Guardiola] will know the minute he walks into the Etihad who is surplus to requirements. And if you don’t fit the bill, you’re out. It doesn’t matter how much you cost, how much you get paid or what you have achieved."

The naivest thing we could do is start guaranteeing certain players are safe. With the exception of De Bruyne, Sterling, and Kun, the former two because rumour has it they were requested by Pep, and the latter because he's getting a new deal so obviously Pep rates him, everyone else's position will be up for grabs.
I agree with this assessment but believe he will at least give the majority a chance to come to grips with his methods. He will have a pre formed view of each players strengths and weaknesses and will work on them to see how much improvement he can get. A lot is made about joe's distribution but the majority of that problem Is down to the outfield players not taking responsibility and making themselves available. We will be amazed at the difference to individual performance by playing in a more organised and structured team framework. I wouldn't write off most of the squad yet although I don't think Yaya will be up for another dose of pep, Martin will leave almost certainly. I think we will bring in 3 or 4 new signings so we may lose another couple to make space. After that, a true meritocracy will be in place where established squad members, new signings and our best youngsters will be expected to give 100% during intensive training and coaching and will have to fight for their place in the team.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.