The photos thread

Didn't realise that there was a "proficiency" test; I just thought they gave guns out in the back of corn flakes packets.
In some states, you don’t even need to buy the Corn Flakes!

Illinois is a liberal hold out state that was forced to allow guns and carry, so they throw up a few roadblocks.

1) 16 hour classroom & range to qualify
2) $250 fee to run the State Police background checks and make the picture ID
3) 5 yr renewal, 4 hr hour classroom and range ($100)
4) $125 fee to State Police for renewal.

We also don’t have a “hold your ground” law or Castle Doctrine. Use of the firearm is reasonable fear of death. When you are armed, that fear can come from a hand to hand fight in which the other person reaches for the weapon.

Most people in IL are home-only owners, who have the firearm for self protection in the home. This does not allow you to go hunting for the burglar or to shoot a guy who is stealing your TV. Threat to life is it!

Having discussed this with a lawyer, I have actually changed my home invasion plan to a “hide in place” strategy with shouted commands “The police have been called and we are armed. Leave now or you will be shot!”

Most burglars do not want, or anticipate, homeowner confrontations and will usually leave if they disturb people.

But, to respond to your tongue in cheek comment with some reality, it is true many states not only do not require anything from you, but allow OPEN CARRY…including AR-15/AK-47 style semi-automatic rifles!!!

So why is there no snow on them ? eh go on then answer that one smarty pants. Can't can yah, eh.

Actually you no doubt can and will.
They’re vented so that the roof stays cold on top, therefore it doesn’t stick. Most of the houses you see have metal roofs and they slide pretty well, especially after a warm spell like we’re in at the moment

In some states, you don’t even need to buy the Corn Flakes!

Illinois is a liberal hold out state that was forced to allow guns and carry, so they throw up a few roadblocks.

1) 16 hour classroom & range to qualify
2) $250 fee to run the State Police background checks and make the picture ID
3) 5 yr renewal, 4 hr hour classroom and range ($100)
4) $125 fee to State Police for renewal.

We also don’t have a “hold your ground” law or Castle Doctrine. Use of the firearm is reasonable fear of death. When you are armed, that fear can come from a hand to hand fight in which the other person reaches for the weapon.

Most people in IL are home-only owners, who have the firearm for self protection in the home. This does not allow you to go hunting for the burglar or to shoot a guy who is stealing your TV. Threat to life is it!

Having discussed this with a lawyer, I have actually changed my home invasion plan to a “hide in place” strategy with shouted commands “The police have been called and we are armed. Leave now or you will be shot!”

Most burglars do not want, or anticipate, homeowner confrontations and will usually leave if they disturb people.

But, to respond to your tongue in cheek comment with some reality, it is true many states not only do not require anything from you, but allow OPEN CARRY…including AR-15/AK-47 style semi-automatic rifles!!!
Soft liberals!

So why is there no snow on them ? eh go on then answer that one smarty pants. Can't can yah, eh.

Actually you no doubt can and will.
Even though roofs have to be engineered with at least 100lb per square foot for snow load, I have seen some older ones ( pre engineered) collapse. An arborist buddy of mine stays pretty busy clearing snow off of roofs in the winter. Mainly shingled roofs and older ones with less insulated and poor ventilation

Actually you no doubt can and will

And the actual gun?
Anywhere from $300 and up.

My Glock 19 was about $450 and the 9mm ammo is about $25 for 50 rounds, so 50¢ (35p) a pop!

The Glock19 magazine holds 15 rounds, plus 1 in the chamber, if you like, so to shoot 1 magazine is $8/£6. During a trip to the range, I usually shoot 150 rounds, or $75 (£60) of ammo, plus another $5-10 for targets.

It’s not inexpensive, but I don’t smoke, rarely drink, don’t have a flash car or any other expensive hobbies like golf or sailing, and don’t own my own plane like most of my friends!

Usually go with my son or a pilot friend (who sometimes brings his undercover DEA Agent brother!), and grab lunch afterwards, so it’s usually built around a social occasion.

I realize most Brits probably look on it a little differently, but an hour or two at the range can really be a lot of fun and can also be a little competitive. Plus, you come away feeling very empowered knowing you can take care of yourself and your family in the event of any serious trouble.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.