The Playpen (Tues Night was Nurses Night) & Ho's Bakery - please update!

Could you take 300 quid out of a cash point in the 80's? I remember a 50 quid limit and having to go into the bank for anything higher.

well I had a very high four figure overdraft on my account, so I wasn't constricted by any fifty pound limit.. once I stagged a new issue (I was still at high school and in uniform when this happened - I had a current chequing account before I was 18) and had to pick up cash from one high street institution and 'walk it down' to the NatWest to get cash value for it and to pay less interest, and it was one of the stupidest things I ever did, especially when the idiot I was picking up the money from walked it across the foyer of his institution on a tray in front of everyone in the building and I ended up stuffing wads of it in every pocket I had before running out the door and down the street without stopping.. that was the first and last time I did anything like that as a cash transaction.

so my ATM dispensed as much money as I wanted; it just kept on paying out, even at 3 am.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.