The Post Transfer Deadline Day (positive) Thread

jrb

OK, s*** happens.

But let's look on the brightside

Sanchez on a free next Summer.
An additional £60mill from the failed Sanchez bid for next Summer's transfers.
Players who weren't prepared to leave this transfer window will leave next Summer. Delph, Mangala, etc.
Our transfer kitty will be enormous, so rather than going for the like's of Jonny Evans, no offence mate, we'll be able to sign one of the best available centre-halfs in the World.

Anything else?

We have made improvements in areas and stagnated in others.

Keepers - we signed Ederson who looks to be the real deal so far. Bravo as a backup is ok. Overall improvement here as we've signed a keeper who could realistically be wit for 10 years - 8/10

Defense - signed 3 fullbacks - all seem to be really class. Loving the look of Mendy, could possibly become captain in the future IMO. As for CBs, Tosin extending his deal is good news, however with 3 "first teamers" and Mangala on the fringes, we may have enoguh at CB, but we do need to abandon 3 at the back as a permanent formation. Glad we didn't sign JFE too. 7/10

Midfield - in the CM position we haven't added anyone but I'm hoping Gundogan returning to fitness (and hopefully remaining) will be like a new addition. Bernardo Silva seems to be really classy, was very impressed with his vs Everton. 7/10

Attack - the only area where I'm worried. We know aguero has injury issues, But still one of the best STrikers in the world, Jesus is a superstar in the making but young and hence inconsistent. We let Wilf Bony go and Nacho which imo is a big blow. Only 2 strikers is not enoguh when we will compete on 4 fronts....

been a great window for us.

Silva and Mendy will be great buys and walker will also give us great balance.

we have cleared a lot of dross.

i have wanted a more compact squad as it works better.

Pep (in Colonel Troutman voice): Do you hear me Txiki, its OVER!

Txiki: NOTHING IS OVER! NOTHING! YOU JUST DON'T TURN IT OFF!

OK, s*** happens.

But let's look on the brightside

Sanchez on a free next Summer.
An additional £60mill from the failed Sanchez bid for next Summer's transfers.
Players who weren't prepared to leave this transfer window will leave next Summer. Delph, Mangala, etc.
Our transfer kitty will be enormous, so rather than going for the like's of Jonny Evans, no offence mate, we'll be able to sign one of the best available centre-halfs in the World.

Anything else?
Sanchez is a seriously scary striker who would have added menace to our attack - would be especially noticeable against the Bayerns, Madrids and Barcas et al. Would have been ideal for Sergio (what a cutting edge in Europe). Yes, we can score goals, but Sanchez adds that killer touch. He plays at a constant high level (scores and creates) - a level Raheem and Leroy, at this stage of their fledgling careers, only come close to occasionally. However, he's 29 in December, and will be 30 before he can play in a Ch League final. Arse are denying him his optimum years at the top - mixing it with Messi, Neymar and co. Wenger (who seems to believe he's Arse's Chief Accountant) can't stand us (we wrecked the cosy little boring top four private club of years gone by). I would not be surprised if the Lemar thing is a smokescreen to retain Sanchez against his will, but to make it look plausible. Why didn't they sort the Lemar thing out weeks ago ? Wenger is sticking two fingers up at us. When Sanchez leaves, I reckon PSG will be in with a colossal salary offer and he'll join Neymar and co.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.