The Power of Prayer

I think you'll find God is red as that Little Pea bloke prays to him before every match (and he HAS TO, just HAS TO, make sure that everyone knows about it).

Can you just imagine this God looking down and seeing all the problems in the world. Every time someone prays a request slips lands on his desk. Getting all this paperwork with requests coming through from people in the middle of war zones, fighting crippling diseases, people wanting the end of poverty, etc, etc.

And slogging his guts out in the middle of these millions of requests he decides "Fuck, some Mexican chap wants me to make sure that his 10 mates are able to kick a ball into a net more times than eleven other blokes. Well, fuck me, that's the sort of issue that I, as an almighty God, take a fucking big interest in."

"But hang on, here's a self centred tosser on the other team wanting an almighty creator to interfere on this game on his behalf too. Thinking that he is so important that an almighty creator will want to shape a totally fucking irrelevant sporting outcome in his favour. Ah, fuck the pair of them. 0-0 it is."

PS: how come every time that tosser wants to make a dramatic and public show of his egotistical requests to God to influence a football game we are treated to a close up of it and it is covered in a "oh, look at this devout, slightly eccentric Latin American, a man of such sincerity that he praises God before every match. He is not a nutter at all. Our cameras are lapping this up as are all the people watching". And the crowd and audience never seem to see it as out of the ordinary.

Can you imagine the sort of comments we would get if every week before a kick off we had a Muslim player getting down on his knees and doing the old wailing and 'worshipping' hands-up-and-down-as-if-Kinkladze-is-in-front-of him-action? Do you think it would be treated with the same "Ooooohhhh, get the camera on this delightful little chap tone by either the media or the crowds?

corky1970 said:
i used to pray that my clergyman uncle never came in my room each night

didnt work, now ive got a lisp

Did he come in your room often?

Blumers Bloomers said:
Mods feel free to move if this belongs downstairs.......

So Mancini, Kidd and a couple of the players were seen at mass at St Mary's Cathedral in Newcastle on Sunday morning

I went myself on Sunday and prayed for a victory, ahead of an end to starvation and world peace, which is shameless I know.

But the Big Man duly obliged. I will be there again on Sunday.

God is a blue.
I am not a religious person but i went to the grave of my uncle and grandad to ask them to pull some strings. it seemed to work lol

I prayed at half time against Newcastle in a teasers bar in Amsterdam whilst on a stag do

whothefisAlice said:
God doesn't exist, your praying did fuck all to influence the Newcastle match, and this should go in the religious thread.

If it gives extra belief to one or two of our players or the boss himself and that projects onto those around then pray your hearts out lads.

I wonder how many of us who don't believe in a god have actually uttered or thought words similar to "please god let me/us/make...", we're City fans after all.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.