The Pro Road Cycling Thread

Paul Lake's Left Knee said:
Chapeau Wiggo - world TT champion to add to his palmares, the greatest cyclist this country has produced. As a confirmed Wiggo fanboy i am chuffed, best get back to work as i've been watching this on the BBC website all afternoon ;-)

I never thought to look there :( Couldnt believe it wasnt on Eurosport

But great stuff Brad, really really chuffed for him :)

Rascal said:
Paul Lake's Left Knee said:
Chapeau Wiggo - world TT champion to add to his palmares, the greatest cyclist this country has produced. As a confirmed Wiggo fanboy i am chuffed, best get back to work as i've been watching this on the BBC website all afternoon ;-)

I never thought to look there :( Couldnt believe it wasnt on Eurosport

But great stuff Brad, really really chuffed for him :)

Yeah fab, but coverage shite.
Will prob get about 2 mins before or after the road races on beeb 2 at the weekend.

6 min clip on UCI youtube channel at the mo - i'd expect them to put the full 3 hours broadcast re-run up on the channel tomoro

Bit late to comment on this but chuffed for Wiggo getting those rainbow stripes. If he could win Roubaix or Flanders then he's going to retire with a superbly rounded palmares :) Great ride from Kwia in the road race too, he'll make a good world champion I reckon.

Sky have been busy with in the transfer market - Konig, Poels, Roche, Fenn and Nordhaug confirmed today. Not sure who else is leaving out with Dombrowski and EBH.

P.S. Got myself my first road bike recently. Hadn't appreciated just quite how different it would feel to a mountain bike initially. Getting to grips with it now though and at least my Strava times are looking a bit healthier!

Shands said:
Bit late to comment on this but chuffed for Wiggo getting those rainbow stripes. If he could win Roubaix or Flanders then he's going to retire with a superbly rounded palmares :) Great ride from Kwia in the road race too, he'll make a good world champion I reckon.

Sky have been busy with in the transfer market - Konig, Poels, Roche, Fenn and Nordhaug confirmed today. Not sure who else is leaving out with Dombrowski and EBH.

P.S. Got myself my first road bike recently. Hadn't appreciated just quite how different it would feel to a mountain bike initially. Getting to grips with it now though and at least my Strava times are looking a bit healthier!

What did you go for bike wise Shands?

discopop said:
Shands said:

My budget was very limited so nothing high end that's for sure!! :) I got the 2014 version of the Specialized Allez. Really happy with it so far, certainly does what I need it to anyway. Definitely makes life easier on all these short sharp slopes around my way, the high percentages are still a killer, but at least they're over quicker! Need to work on my cornering though, my bike handling is woeful!

Shands said:

!

Im pleased with the signings, especially Roche who i like a lot. Sorry to see EbH leave though :(

Shands said:

Rounded will definitely be the word if he wins Paris-Roubaix, especially if he can top it off with The Hour in June.

How do people think Sky will approach the Grand Tours next season now they've signed Koenig? Koenig/Henao for the Vuelta, Froome for the Tour, and then Kennaugh for the Vuelta?

Congrats on getting a road bike, they really are a lot faster! My Allez is still going well after three years.

Shands said:
discopop said:
Shands said:

My budget was very limited so nothing high end that's for sure!! :) I got the 2014 version of the Specialized Allez. Really happy with it so far, certainly does what I need it to anyway. Definitely makes life easier on all these short sharp slopes around my way, the high percentages are still a killer, but at least they're over quicker! Need to work on my cornering though, my bike handling is woeful!

like a guided missile compared to an MTB aren't they!

You'll get used to it.

Reading this morning that Owain Doull is set to sign for Europcar. If that goes through then next season is going to be a bumper year for Brits at World Tour and Pro-Conti level. Some of these aren't confirmed yet, but it's looking like:

SKY: Wiggins; Froome; Thomas; Kennaugh; Stannard; Rowe; Swift; Fenn; Edmonson
ORICA: A Yates; S Yates; Blythe
OPQS: Cavendish
MOVISTAR: Dowsett
EUROPCAR: Doull
BORA (Formerly NetApp): Thwaites
MTN: Cummings
CAJA RUAL: Carthy

Ireland's not doing bad either with Martin, Roche, Deignan and Bennet. Exciting times.

Lombardy tomorrow afternoon, can Purito do it again?

2nd monument win for Dan Martin! No idea what Gilbert and Valverde were doing just looking at each other when he went but who cares, a great win. His record in hilly one day races is really impressive now, plenty of top 5 finishes, he's definitely one of the most consistent around.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.