The Race for Top 4

Latics Fan SJK

I’ve sensed a little panic upstairs following the weekend’s results, but after doing my own predictor (as it seems BBC have removed theirs) I don’t foresee City finishing outside the top 4.

Chelsea

Home: Stoke City (3), Man United (3), Crystal Palace (3), Liverpool (1), Sunderland (3)
Away: Hull City (3), QPR (3), Arsenal (0), Leicester City (3), West Brom (1)

Total Points: 22

Man City

Home: West Brom (3), West Ham (3), Aston Villa (3), QPR (3), Southampton (3)
Away: Crystal Palace (1), Man United (1), Tottenham Hotspur (0), Swansea City (1)

Total Points: 18

Arsenal

Home: Liverpool (1), Sunderland (3), Chelsea (3), Swansea City (3), West Brom (3)
Away: Newcastle (1), Burnley (3), Hull City (3), Man United (0)

Total Points: 20

Man United

Home: Aston Villa (3), Man City (1), West Brom (3), Arsenal (3)
Away: Liverpool (0), Chelsea (0), Everton (3), Crystal Palace (3), Hull City (3)

Total Points: 19

Liverpool

Home: Man United (3), Newcastle United (3), QPR (3), Crystal Palace (3)
Away: Swansea City (1), Arsenal (1), Hull City (3), West Brom (1), Chelsea (0), Stoke City (1)

Total Points: 19

Southampton

Home: Burnley (3), Hull City (3), Tottenham Hotspur (1), Aston Villa (3)
Away: Everton (1), Stoke City (1), Sunderland (3), Leicester City (3), Man City (0)

Tottenham Hotspur

Home: Leicester City (3), Aston Villa (3), Man City (3), Hull City (3)
Away: Burnley (3), Newcastle United (1), Southampton (1), Stoke City (1), Everton (0)

I’m sure everyone will predict differently, but it’d take a large swing to have City finishing 5th or lower.

If only it was that easy but the form city are in anything is possible like losing to burnley

I don't look into the race for top 4 that close anymore its so up in the air at the moment its like we could still win the league to finishing 5th its that close

This is a decent predictor:
<a class="postlink" href="https://www.thesportspredictor.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">https://www.thesportspredictor.com/</a>

Latics Fan SJK said:
Man City

Home: West Brom (3), West Ham (3), Aston Villa (3), QPR (3), Southampton (3)
Away: Crystal Palace (1), Man United (1), Tottenham Hotspur (0), Swansea City (1)

I have us getting 21 from these fixtures. I think we need to win all the homes, and think we can (Southampton will be difficult).

3 points from 4 away games I think is a bit on the light side despite our currrent form, would be really disappointed if we didn't do better than that.

FWIW I think we got 27 points from these fixtures last season.

The way things currently are we won't get any points out of them but football changes quickly. We thought we would thrash Barca back in Jan with their crisis over their manager etc. Instead they've turned it around and are the form side in Europe. We've slipped up in the past couple of months and allowed those teams to catch us (having been on good runs themselves). They'll drop points and we will pick up and they won't catch us. We lose to Barca we've one priority, we win and we have confidence. We'll finish in the top 4 without doubt. Given an objective and under pressure we do well, it's when we play without it that we struggle. The rags, arse and dippers love to bottle it. We'll be fine and we'll finish 2nd about 5pts behind Chelsea who will drop points because I think they'll suffer over the next few weeks as teams sit back and make them play - they're champions-elect now and the opposition sides will settle for a draw and that will be new to this Chelsea team. They don't like games like that.

Everyone's wetting themselves over The Rags performance yesterday but Spurs produced one of the most woeful performances I've ever seen. SJK is predictable in thinking Utd will get a point against us and beat Arsenal and finish 4th with us 3rd. I think they'll get 0 points in them 2 games and we'll finish 2nd with them 5th but I guess we'll see.

its all about what happens in barca that can make or break our season for me we will give them a game (barca) but I don't see us scoring 2 or 3 but its man city and things are never written till the games over history tall you that

the backroom staff and the manager have to grow a pair of bollocks and come out and say we got it wrong in the first leg that's why we are in this mess. you don't let anybody score 2 goals in the first leg of the champions league knockouts at home or its over never mind its barca and can score 2 over there bollocks the manager got it wrong

the premier league we have been a joke before Christmas and in both cups was worst. your first target should be defending the title never mind champions league we are light years behind the top teams its shocking the signs are the manager got the sack and city are just playing within themselves

maybe big plans in the summer and a clear out and give the new boss the money to build his own team and not take the credit from the mancini signings

Stood in The South Stand said:
Everyone's wetting themselves over The Rags performance yesterday but Spurs produced one of the most woeful performances I've ever seen. SJK is predictable in thinking Utd will get a point against us and beat Arsenal and finish 4th with us 3rd. I think they'll get 0 points in them 2 games and we'll finish 2nd with them 5th but I guess we'll see.

I agree, rags were gifted the points yesterday. Ther'e still shite at the back, and in the middle and not that good up front :)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.