The Scottish Politics thread

Honestly, I cant see who has the leadership skills.

It needs a generational talent to bring about independence. Someone of massive gravitas, honesty, integrity, competence and intellect needs to lead an independence movement and build the case, not just lead a party. There is nobody remotely of that description.

What was it that Mark Renton said about the Scots?
Whether anyone likes or dislikes them personally the SNP have had in Salmond and Sturgeon the two most effective UK politians over the last few years or so. But as you say there is no obvious successor of the same calibre

Shouldn’t even look at him.

What about Sarwar, will Labour get any momentum if an election is called?
Some, not sure enough to be the biggest party,think whoever won though would be looking for a coalition partner. The thing about Ross calling the no confidence is he's too daft to realise if he wins it an election will probably cost him seats.

Last edited:
Honestly, I cant see who has the leadership skills.

It needs a generational talent to bring about independence. Someone of massive gravitas, honesty, integrity, competence and intellect needs to lead an independence movement and build the case, not just lead a party. There is nobody remotely of that description.

What was it that Mark Renton said about the Scots?

I didn’t think Nicola Sturgeon had any leadership skills whatsoever when she took on the role. Or in fairnes, Salmond back then. Though he hsd a bit of cheek and was savvy here and ther but didn't think either would do anything well. Maybe it doesn't have to be that obvious to us.

Whoever it is, their bigger problem will be the state of the party as a whole more than their own ability.

I didn’t think Nicola Sturgeon had any leadership skills whatsoever when she took on the role. Or in fairnes, Salmond back then. Though he hsd a bit of cheek and was savvy here and ther but didn't think either would do anything well. Maybe it doesn't have to be that obvious to us.

Whoever it is, their bigger problem will be the state of the party as a whole more than their own ability.
The SNP has always been a rag tag bunch of political views across the political spectrum. There is one thing that binds them together. If a leader emerges that they believe can achieve that one thing they will fall in line soon enough. The problems really started when some no longer believed Sturgeon could achieve it. They continued as nobody believed Hamsah could.

All very convenient for Starmer. I've always thought the Scottish vote would be critical for labour to get the huge majority Starmer needs to do what he wants, and with the departure of salmond, sturgeon, blackford, mahairi black and now the latest leader floundering they seem pretty hollowed out. A gift for Starmer as the Scottish electorate will be left with a choice of labour or some minor protest vote.

'daft wee lassie' 'scheme bird' eh?
I had a Paisley guy work for me once, Gers supporter obviously. Bigoted, misogynistic. Strong Unionist. I bet you would have got on famously.
How dare you. I’m not in the slightest misogynistic…

All very convenient for Starmer. I've always thought the Scottish vote would be critical for labour to get the huge majority Starmer needs to do what he wants, and with the departure of salmond, sturgeon, blackford, mahairi black and now the latest leader floundering they seem pretty hollowed out. A gift for Starmer as the Scottish electorate will be left with a choice of labour or some minor protest vote.

I genuinely don't understand why anyone would vote Labour, north or south. I'll just come out and say it, I'd rather have the Tories in power then them. At least you know where you stand. Labour are the ultimate nothing party. Stand for nothing, promise everything, or anything, deliver nothing. Even as an opposition party they are uttely useless. All they care about, every single last one of them, is self preservation. At least both the Tories and Snp know what they want, even if that's not what I might want. Labour just want to be in government. Like daft dogs chasing cars. Won't ever catch them, and even if they did wouldn't have a clue how to drive them. Fuck them, hope they get pummelled.

I genuinely don't understand why anyone would vote Labour, north or south. I'll just come out and say it, I'd rather have the Tories in power then them. At least you know where you stand. Labour are the ultimate nothing party. Stand for nothing, promise everything, or anything, deliver nothing. Even as an opposition party they are uttely useless. All they care about, every single last one of them, is self preservation. At least both the Tories and Snp know what they want, even if that's not what I might want. Labour just want to be in government. Like daft dogs chasing cars. Won't ever catch them, and even if they did wouldn't have a clue how to drive them. Fuck them, hope they get pummelled.
Thankfully, people like you are a rarity. They won't be pummeled, they'll win comfortably, then you can revisit this streaming pile of shit dressed up as a post and have words with yourself.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.