The Scottish Politics thread

Imo, the SNP's most successful period (in terms of what they did rather than polling or votes) was as a minority government.

I don't think this will be in any way whatsoever comparable.
In some ways a minority government can be better than a coalition.With a coalition you are held to ransom by the smaller party,whereas a minority is looking for support from any party on a policy by policy basis and can do deals on merit rather than through necessity.

In some ways a minority government can be better than a coalition.With a coalition you are held to ransom by the smaller party,whereas a minority is looking for support from any party on a policy by policy basis and can do deals on merit rather than through necessity.

Totally, and that was indeed the case then, more than a decade ago. Different people though, different optics. Don't expect the same, but not particularly concerned/bothered either, about the parliamentant as a whole or a new election that has been mooted etc.

Right, okay but a least you now realise when you said Scotland didn’t want it you were only half right.
A very vocal minority want it.

The majority do not want it and it will never happen.

It’s a tragedy we have been governed here by hate filled racist bigots for so long!!

Corrupt to the utter core. The SNP are a party who are built on hatred. A hatred for their own country. Utterly tragic!

Sturgeon mislead parliament. Sturgeon lied under oath. Sturgeon is under investigation for embezzlement

Humzas brother in law is a (suspected) heroin dealer. Was questioned in connection with throwing a (suspected) rival dealer out a flat window! Humza gave probably the most racist speech in my lifetime and not one Nationalist questioned him on it.

These hate filled bigots have been elected by the likes of yourself to run our country!! Shame on you and all who share your hate filled political views!

The SNP and their supporters bully and shout down all who oppose them. The majority will no longer be silenced.

I accidentally opened this without logging in and read some stuff I wouldn’t normally see so feel obliged to say

1. Every voter of the SNP I know, voted from a position of positivity and are not “ hate filled bigots” in that group I include Serving members of the armed forces, a police inspector, a retired soldier, an Ulster Protestant, numerous English folk, a Texan, a Bostonian… I could go on.

2. Sitting in a stadium full of folk who actively indulge in hate filled bigotry arguably makes you one too or at least accepting of it. Constantly calling other bigots, it’s very much projection.

It’s a tragedy we have been governed here by hate filled racist bigots for so long!!

Corrupt to the utter core. The SNP are a party who are built on hatred. A hatred for their own country. Utterly tragic!

Sturgeon mislead parliament. Sturgeon lied under oath. Sturgeon is under investigation for embezzlement

Humzas brother in law is a (suspected) heroin dealer. Was questioned in connection with throwing a (suspected) rival dealer out a flat window! Humza gave probably the most racist speech in my lifetime and not one Nationalist questioned him on it.

These hate filled bigots have been elected by the likes of yourself to run our country!! Shame on you and all who share your hate filled political views!

The SNP and their supporters bully and shout down all who oppose them. The majority will no longer be silenced.
Load of bollocks, look at the polls it’s pretty much 50/50, that’s neither a minority nor vocal, no matter how much you think or hope it is. Just people answering polling companies questions. It’s not that difficult to understand.
By the way, I voted no last time, and I’m English so maybe less of your generalising about my hate filled views.If I decide to support Yes in the future it will be because I believe it for the best for my Scottish born children.
“The majority will no longer be silenced”, reactionary tub thumping nonsense, those that support the union have never been silenced.

You don’t speak for Scotland!!!

Scotland most certainly does not want out of the UK!
I don’t claim to mate. Last poll is still running at 48% do with a bunch undecided. If you are happy to continue to be governed by Westminster Tories then that is your right.

I accidentally opened this without logging in and read some stuff I wouldn’t normally see so feel obliged to say

1. Every voter of the SNP I know, voted from a position of positivity and are not “ hate filled bigots” in that group I include Serving members of the armed forces, a police inspector, a retired soldier, an Ulster Protestant, numerous English folk, a Texan, a Bostonian… I could go on.

2. Sitting in a stadium full of folk who actively indulge in hate filled bigotry arguably makes you one too or at least accepting of it. Constantly calling other bigots, it’s very much projection.
Nice post mate. Most snp voters are not bigots or anti English. Sadly a minority still are. Most just want what they see as best for Scotland. A modern progressive caring society that is an integral part of Europe.

Wow.
Just fucking wow.

I’m not going to go into a rant about Westminster as their failings are just too obvious and frankly I don’t want to engage much with a poster that thinks what you think. The SNP have clearly bullied the majority of the populace into voting for their centre left policies over the last decade or so. They must be bloody good at it to fool so many people. At the last referendum I voted no because I foolishly trusted Westminster politics to put the nation first. How wrong was I. Here we are with a broken state that is the laughing stock of the rest of the world. Shame on us indeed.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.