The Smiths & Morrissey thread

40 years ago today - at my 21st birthday party - I received this album (I asked my brother to get it me).
I was reading the lyrics to the songs when listening to other tunes playing from the stereo and just couldn't wait until the following morning to be on my own and play the album.
I was blown away by the lyrics and how much they were personal to me like no other set of songs had ever been before and was worried that the music might not reach the same height as the lyrics......
In the morning I played the album and was not disappointed.....
I'm going to play it again today.....
The band that saved my life......
images (4).jpeg

img-2-1708300192674.webp

40 years ago today - at my 21st birthday party - I received this album (I asked my brother to get it me).
I was reading the lyrics to the songs when listening to other tunes playing from the stereo and just couldn't wait until the following morning to be on my own and play the album.
I was blown away by the lyrics and how much they were personal to me like no other set of songs had ever been before and was worried that the music might not reach the same height as the lyrics......
In the morning I played the album and was not disappointed.....
I'm going to play it again today.....
The band that saved my life......
View attachment 107765
I think I wore both needle and vinyl out listening to this over and over and over.....
I still rate the Troy Tate sessions more highly though - much crisper.

I think I wore both needle and vinyl out listening to this over and over and over.....
I still rate the Troy Tate sessions more highly though - much crisper.

It's interesting how both Morrissey and Johnny over time aren't happy with the eventual album and how the Troy Tate version, disliked at the time has become the bands preferred option

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.