The Title Race 2022/23

• Thread starter Deleted member 81382
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
They are favourites and we will have to play out of our skin to retain the league. There are plenty of other threats out there as well it's about time some of us (albeit a minority) acknowledged this.
The Arsenal have had relatively no pressure up to this point. We don’t know what they are made of yet especially once it’s squeaky bum time. So far they have answered a lot of questions. It will take a humongous effort to stop city based on what we normally do towards the business end. It could be a fluke season like many predicted. I wouldn’t rule out other teams joining the race just yet.

Arsenal are very easy on the eye and playing very well. It’s a different story when you need to win every game, as their fans are finding out now….you could hear a pin drop until they equalised against West Ham…….

Hopefully we will be fired up to chase down the points gap….would be nice to have a little run between Jan and March….

Performances are key for me at the minute. Feel like we've flattered to deceive for much of the season and relied upon individual brilliance from KDB and Haaland.

We need to get our defensive steel back asap.

This group of players could chase down this gap with Arsenal in 8 or 9 games nevermind the 24 we have remaining! No need to panic but I'd like to see an improvement on the pitch and go in to the new year all guns blazing.

The way city fans, the media and the bookies are writing Arsenal off is truly bizarre to me.

They look the real deal and I’d have them as favourites at this stage.

I can see this going right to the wire.

Won't finish within ten points of City.

I expect both teams to drop a few points in January, but City are the only team equipped to bounce back from defeats and put a decisive sequence together when it matters.

I don't expect us to start closing the present gap and overhaul it until early March.

Liverpool, United and Newcastle will be of more concern for Arsenal, when it comes to it.

City fans would do well to relax and remind ourselves that the road will have a few more bumps yet.

Won't finish within ten points of City.

I expect both teams to drop a few points in January, but City are the only team equipped to bounce back from defeats and put a decisive sequence together when it matters.

I don't expect us to start closing the present gap and overhaul it until early March.

Liverpool, United and Newcastle will be of more concern for Arsenal, when it comes to it.

City fans would do well to relax and remind ourselves that the road will have a few more bumps yet.

Yeah agree but I feel January going to be a poor month for us till we get up to speed, I feel February onwards will start to get our run together and I feel we need at 12+ winning games run of wins in the premier..

Reminds me of the 15/16 season where going into February we were massive favourites and had a game against the pretenders coming up

if we would have won that game we would have dented Leicesters confidence and possibly gone on to win it

unfortunately we got turned over and collapsed from there on in

ergo , we need to keep it within 5 points and beat them on 15th Feb

that’s a tall order I think

Theres 24 games left for us,world cup shaked it all up this year,from start of april theres 11 games left,in my eyes thats run in,city always turn the screw this time of year under pep,the rotation comes into play big time,arsenal got brighton a
Newcastle h
Spurs a
Man utd h
Next 4 games i expect points dropped in few of those,if they win them all,then it is game on ,and the double header with them will rearly come into play,but not enough games played just yet to call it in my eyes

The way city fans, the media and the bookies are writing Arsenal off is truly bizarre to me.

They look the real deal and I’d have them as favourites at this stage.

I can see this going right to the wire.
Working on the assumption that we attain 90+ points again this season that would mean Arsenal need to gain 21 more points this season as compared to last (69 versus 90), I don't think that is statistically probable? Or do you think we will fall short of recent seasons and make up some of the gap for them?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.