The Title Race 2022/23

• Thread starter Deleted member 81382
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
You've got this and I'm really pleased for you, you could easily win every game you have left to play and the only problem I can see is that you still have the Champions League to play which could get in the way.

Your toughest game in the league is Brighton away and they’re not as good as they were earlier in the season.

How many league titles is it going to take until we have "history"?

I don't understand. We have been dominant for 10 years now in the league, will we only be classed as having history 20 years from now because a certain amount of time has to pass before it's classed as "history"?

It's mental.

You've got this and I'm really pleased for you, you could easily win every game you have left to play and the only problem I can see is that you still have the Champions League to play which could get in the way.

Your toughest game in the league is Brighton away and they’re not as good as they were earlier in the season.
I hope you secure 3rd spot, my BIL is a Newcastle fan and want to see you do well (but not too well and beating us) and finishing top 4 every season.

The next three for us are critical. Fulham (a), West Ham (h) and Leeds (h). Win those and we're up to 82pts. Arsenal play Chelsea and yourselves. Hopefully they drop more points and are only on 79pts then. They then play Brighton, Forest (a) and Wolves and we'd need 6pts from Everton (a), Chelsea (h), Brighton (a) and Brentford (a) to win it on goal difference.

I can see them going into beach mode now. I think we'll have the chance to win it against Chelsea which comes after the 2nd leg of our CL semi final.

I don't understand. We have been dominant for 10 years now in the league, will we only be classed as having history 20 years from now because a certain amount of time has to pass before it's classed as "history"?

It's mental.
That is correct, it is politics until then. That was the rule at schools modern history had to be at least 20 years old and usually 50 was used or up to 1945.

It's mental.
It annoys me when people talk about our first treble when we won a treble in 2019!

For me we just need the Champions League this year and this team just has to be classed as the best ever.

They were calling Liverpool the best ever a few years ago when they won the league and a single trophy. Meanwhile we have 4 titles in 5 seasons....

I don't understand. We have been dominant for 10 years now in the league, will we only be classed as having history 20 years from now because a certain amount of time has to pass before it's classed as"history"?

It's mental.

Basically yes. Once more new fans come in and the cliches tire out from the current ones, we'll slowly be embedded more and more into the established order. Fans and pundits in 20 years won't be talking about us the same way they do now. It is what it is.

On the title race, given we have first hand experience of how a teams fortunes and performances can turn around when the pressure is off, I'm trying to not get too giddy just yet. That said I think Arsenal were as shocked as anyone to find themselves in this position, and will still be happy with a guaranteed CL place. Hard to see through a title race if you never thought you'd be in it in the first place.

It's mental.
We have history. If others choose to be ignorant of it , its there problem. The continued bleating of opposition fans is only good news - it means we are winning. Drink it up , enjoy there pain , they will only stop complaining when we stop winning.

It's mental.

We will Never have history. If it didnt happen in the 80s and 90s, it is not history. Our only chance is a time machine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.