The true secret of Leicester City's success / doping thread merged

A guy a work with went for physio this week - not cheap at £70 an hour. Anyway the physio makes him raise one of his arms straight out and tells him to resist the light downwards pressure that he is applying - he does it, no problem. He then presses on a pressure point on this guy's chest and asks him to again resist the downward pressure - this time he's as weak as a baby and his arm comes straight down. it must be a bit strange experiencing it but the science behind it is understandable (probably) with interacting nerves and muscles.

The physio repeats the exercise without touching the pressure point and this guy is back to normal strength. He then opens a jar of fluid and asks this guy to smell it, the smell is like a really strong lemon disinfectant and is a bit overpowering. The physio then gets the guy to do the arm resistance thing again (no pressure points) - and strangely the guy is back to being as weak as a baby!

Anyway (and the point of the story), the guy I work with is naturally amazed and has a good chat with the physio. It tuns out that the physio worked for Leicester during their title winning season and they used to scrub the away changing room in this lemon disinfectant stuff both before games and just before halftime (even though the effects can last up to 6 hours!). Obviously, if correct, then this doesn't explain everything, however, every little helps!

Thanks for sharing mate... But what I can say is that your friend has been conned. The "science" behind it isn't to do with nerves and muscles...it's basic lever theory... The guy doing the test is in control of whether your friend is strong or weak... What are the odds this physio sells the "antidote" to this Lemony Ricketts potion. (edit: this could be something like Kiniesiology tape....or supplements...or a special crystal that aligns his aura...or the word of ourlord and saviour Jesus Christ...)

Google "arm and balance strength test fraud" and you will see plenty of vids showing the various techniques...

Edit: should also add the context of this kind of "magic" in pro sport.... Once the athlete(s) believe this rubbish then you can "feed" them what you want and they will attribute the improvements to the magic.

How can anyone rational believe this...for exmple
http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/tennis/revealed-the-diet-that-saved-novak-djokovic-8775333.html

"Novak Djokovic was in Croatia in the summer of 2010 for a Davis Cup tie and was having a consultation with Dr Igor Cetojevic, a nutritionist and fellow Serb.

Cetojevic told Djokovic to stretch out his right arm while placing his left hand on his stomach. The doctor then pushed down on Djokovic’s right arm and told him to resist the pressure. The strength Djokovic would feel in holding firm, the doctor said, was exactly what he should experience.

Next Cetojevic gave Djokovic a slice of bread. He told the bemused player not to eat it but to hold it against his stomach with his left hand while he again pushed down on his outstretched right arm. To Djokovic’s astonishment, the arm felt appreciably weaker.

It was what Cetojevic had expected. His crude test had been to discover whether Djokovic was sensitive to gluten, a protein found in wheat and other bread grains."

Last edited:
pressure points and nervous system and mussle are so under used and the brain forgets how to use them right
and the the muscle strength is the human body first protection and its can be mind over matter to the pain fresh hold the body can take

I find that I am considerably weaker if I press a fig roll to my left buttock while drinking 6 pints of strong lager.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.