The unpopular objective thread

I hate Tunnel Club and everything that comes with it.

From the footage i see of the players having to walk through the restaurant on the way to the dressing room. It is like a Zoo.

They look awkward and it makes me cringe.

I think they walk through a one way, see through tunnel to get to the dressing room.

I assume this is why it is called the "Tunnel Club".

JJ

Nope, i didnt realise this until i seen Cheesys video. but there is 2 classes (7.5k and 15k STs) within tunnel club. Those who see the players up close pre kick off as they arrive in off the bus and then those on the level below up see them through the glass.

Thanks bud!

Haha, it's why I said it was out there!

Yeah, you're right about Martial too I don't know why I missed him out.

Forgot to add: especially liked your opinion on Kane - the guy has a couple of worldclass attributes, namingly, outstanding shot and ability to lose his marker - but press and fans act like he's Van Basten's secong coming.
I don't think that Kane's current version would be a good addition for City with Guardiola at the helm, he demands different qualities from strikers. Target men like Lewandowski, Kane, Icardi etc. make attacks predictable, struggle on the wings and aren't very good without the ball.

The problem is the majority just count goals and that's all that seem to matter to them, they often struggle to grasp what actually happens on the pitch. For example, it was clear as day since Jan, 2017, that Aguero doesn't fit Pep's team and the club have to replace him for their own good. But you need a serie of absolutely disastrous performances to finally open fans' eyes.

Last edited:
The alcohol ban is the single biggest factor for the low attendances in European games.
It is for me - and I rarely drink in the stadium. It's the hypocrisy of the UEFA fat cats who set these rules for the regular fan - but allow booze for themselves in the corporate areas. Boooooooooooo

The centre of our defence isn't that great. John Stones switches off and drops clangers far too often, making him as bigger a liability as Mangala. The general has had a fine season, but lacks a bit of pace.

Our first eleven has shown to be very strong, but our squad is wafer thin in terms of mounting a serious challenge on all fronts. Some of the players brought in have proved that they are not competent replacements and have struggled.

We desperately need a world class centre half to compliment Walker and Mendy who when are both playing will make a huge difference.

We need another natural finisher.

United fans are twats.

Rio Ferdinand is actually a good pundit.

Pearce wasn't as bad as people make out. He tried to build a young, progressive team, giving Onouha, Richards, Michael Johnson, Ireland, Hart, BWP, Croft, Miller, Matt Mills, etc, real opportunities in the first team, and ditched many of the old guard who were underperforming. It didn't work out in the end, but the one who got us into that mess was Keegan and the board at the time, Pearce became a scapegoat, and the real villains got off scot free. A lot of those young players who came through under Cassell's guidance never fulfilled their potential.

Rio Ferdinand is actually a good pundit.

Pearce wasn't as bad as people make out. He tried to build a young, progressive team, giving Onouha, Richards, Michael Johnson, Ireland, Hart, BWP, Croft, Miller, Matt Mills, etc, real opportunities in the first team, and ditched many of the old guard who were underperforming. It didn't work out in the end, but the one who got us into that mess was Keegan and the board at the time, Pearce became a scapegoat, and the real villains got off scot free.

Agree. Pearce football was crap but keeping us up was a minor miracle with that squad and had he not, what we have now could have been so different.

I think they walk through a one way, see through tunnel to get to the dressing room.

I assume this is why it is called the "Tunnel Club".

JJ

No they don’t upstairs they walk through the crowds , downstairs is the physical tunnel.

The place is cringeworthy. The players will hate it.

I was there against Burnley and Phil Foden hobbled through just wanting to get home and compound not get through due to selfi demands.

It’s a corporate zoo where the players are the animals.

Ps the food is crap as well.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.