The world in TEN years (5 and a half year on from when it said 10 years)

Something my uncle Ian used to say.

Nebuchadnezzar said;

If I may move to 2041, the reunification of Ireland.

I think that was uncle Ian’s standard reply.
Thanks for that mate, not really sure what the general feeling of the people of Ireland is about it, I guess it’s up to them, but as a child of the 60’s, 70’s and 80’s, growing up I never ever thought we’d see any kind of peace in Ireland or the mainland to any great degree in my lifetime,I know there are still troubles, but I always consider that breakthrough as one of the greatest achievements by the people involved, so who knows, you can’t please everyone I know, but hopefully one day.

Thanks for that mate, not really sure what the general feeling of the people of Ireland is about it, I guess it’s up to them, but as a child of the 60’s, 70’s and 80’s, growing up I never ever thought we’d see any kind of peace in Ireland or the mainland to any great degree in my lifetime,I know there are still troubles, but I always consider that breakthrough as one of the greatest achievements by the people involved, so who knows, you can’t please everyone I know, but hopefully one day.
Very true, but it’s fragile.
Never say never I know, but there are still quite a few up there with the ‘No Surrender’ attitude, no matter how the demographic may change.

Sure let’s be optimistic.
I predict in ten years they’ll all be speaking Irish up there.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.