Theo Hernandez

If City could somehow swap Hernandez for Cancelo plus cash sure but his price is way too high when City have other priorities.

If City could somehow swap Hernandez for Cancelo plus cash sure but his price is way too high when City have other priorities.
It is said Utd is exploring this option and Milan asks for more than half million euro at least. I think that it is pretty affordable for us.

I rate him much much higher than Cancelo. It is an unpopular onion but...
He is more athletic, gives the appearance of a better defender because he is more aggressive. But he isn't though.

Technically, I just don't rate him in a Pep type team. I could be wrong.

Left back has been a priority for nearly a decade.
Until this season when it wasn't because we went away from a normal fullback system.

Frankly we've never run a regular fullback system under Pep. One of our defenders almost always went into midfield.

This year ( at least near the end) that defender turned out to be a CB. Which pretty much made us a 3 CB defense coz John stepped up.

From a tactical point of view it's actually an easier transition than a wide defender moving to the middle in possession.

Do we need a LB? Not really. If a WC one becomes available can we integrate him? Of course. That's what great teams do.

Until this season when it wasn't because we went away from a normal fullback system.

Frankly we've never run a regular fullback system under Pep. One of our defenders almost always went into midfield.

This year ( at least near the end) that defender turned out to be a CB. Which pretty much made us a 3 CB defense coz John stepped up.

From a tactical point of view it's actually an easier transition than a wide defender moving to the middle in possession.

Do we need a LB? Not really. If a WC one becomes available can we integrate him? Of course. That's what great teams do.
I think that current 3-2-4-1 system is operating at the cost of Bernado&Grealish 150% enegery output because they both play 100% winger + 50% fullback role. Bernado might leave. Grealish has a injury history. The only backup Foden sets eyes on the midfielder role (and frankly I think that Foden deserves this chance and we have delayed him for too long). No other wide players in our team (even Mahrez) could handle this role. It needs world class dribble skills, ball carrying skills, energy and commitment to trace back at all cost.

A similar case was Chelsea 2021. Ben Chilwell and Reece James also pushed into their limits in that season running up and down. But next season they were basically a sick note. I am afraid that if we keep current system, Grealish and Bernado would over burn.

I think that physical strong fullbacks (ground power, above avg height 180cm+ etc) will have the potential to fit into our system. Some kind of a fast tracking Walker process. So I see Theo Hernandez as a potential candidate.

Would be a good alternative if the Gvardiol move suddenly collapses but we won't sign both.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.