Theories about how & why the Universe exists

Bigga said:
Compulsive Rambler said:
Having recent near death experiences has altered my perception on why we are here.

We are nothing. like we see a small particle such as Sand.
In the eyes of the universe - we are Ants.

Through mass capitalism we are taught to be consumers, given an ideology which is driven by our Ego's to think we are somewhat important, when the reality is we are nothing.

What car you drive, how nice your wife looks, how much cash you have, how famous you may have become.... Doesn't mean anything in the bigger picture.
it does have meaning to us in the small-minded state however as we judge each other with ego (which is learnt)

Higher energy, much greater than us just laughs at how stupid we all are. How we are so un-evolved.

We are the rats (humans) in a cage (earth) which is based in a lab somewhere (universe)

Who are the Energies working in this laboratory who have the ability to look at us?
I believe it is higher more evolved energies who have (through time) become way more intelligent than us.

We are all connected, race, gender, religion, we are all one - connected through this energy.
This more advanced energy laughs at how much time we waste fighting each other when the reality is we are all the same.

Am I insane?

I don't care. I know what I experienced when I went into a Coma for over a month.

I'm interested!!

If you don't want to share on here, PM me.

I have personal experiences too!

I'm interested in what you both experienced - can't you post here?

Compulsive Rambler said:
Dogtanian said:
nimrod said:
so..

where did the computer come from ?

It is ours, we are all an alien life force but it sucks balls on our planet so we escape by playing a game of Virtual Humans, it was the best selling game on our planet, you get to choose your time zone, i picked this as an easy intro into the game, didn't fancy jumping into WW2 or the crusades but might have a dabble next time.

Nailed it.

My favourite expansion pack was the 1960's. all the drugs, winning the WC, the fashion. was cool as fuck.

I just know so many songs/culture from different eras to know I've experienced it (my soul) has in a different body.

The PS23 :-D (or Xbox 500) take your pick.

I'm only level one so have not played that yet, if i upgrade from this trial version i might give it a go, i have put up with a really shit job for ten years but it has won me an extra two inches to add to my penis in my next life, pretty happy with that tbh.

i'm sure damocles or any other quantam mechanics bods on the forum can can expand on this

seems a bit mind blowing to possibly have no beginning

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.iflscience.com/physics/quantum-equations-dispute-big-bang" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.iflscience.com/physics/quant ... e-big-bang</a>

Two physicists are trying to revive one of the great debates of twentieth-century science, arguing that the Big Bang may never have happened. Their work presents a radically different vision of the universe from the one cosmologists now work with.

The term Big Bang was created by astrophysicist Fred Hoyle as a way to mock the theory. Hoyle thought of the universe as like an endlessly flowing river, saying “Things are they way they are, because they were the way they were.” However, the weight of evidence—particularly the discovery of the cosmic background radiation—led the scientific community to overwhelmingly favor the idea that the universe came into being from a single, infinitely dense point.

Nevertheless, the problem of what, if anything, came before the Big Bang has continued to trouble many scientists, along with questions about how it actually occurred.

"The Big Bang singularity is the most serious problem of general relativity because the laws of physics appear to break down there," says Dr. Ahmed Farag Ali of Benha University, Egypt. In collaboration with Professor Saurya Das of the University of Lethbridge, Canada, Ali has created a series of equations that describe a universe much like Hoyle's; one without a beginning or end. Part of their work has been published in Physics Letters B, while a follow-up paper by Das and Rajat Bhaduri of Manchester University, Canada, is awaiting publication.

Ali and Das are keen to point out that they were not seeking a preordained outcome, or trying to adjust their equations to remove the need for the Big Bang. Instead they sought to unite the work of David Bohm and Amal Kumar Raychaudhuri, connecting quantum mechanics with general relativity. They found that when using Bohm's work to make quantum corrections to Raychaudhuri's equation on the formation of singularities, they described a universe that was once much smaller, but never had the infinite density currently postulated.

The quest to unite the two great theories of modern physics into quantum gravity has been one of the major projects of some of science's greatest minds in recent decades. Ali and Das are not claiming to have constructed a complete theory of quantum gravity, but think their work will be compatible with future paradigms.

In another proposal that harks back to a now-discarded theory, Das and Ali propose that the universe is filled with a quantum fluid made up of gravitons, particles that probably have no mass themselves but transmit gravity the way photons carry electromagnetism. The follow-up paper suggests that in the early universe these gravitons would have formed a Bose-Einstein condensate, a collection of particles that display quantum phenomena at the macroscopic scale. Moreover, the paper argues that this condensate could cause the universe's expansion to accelerate, and so explain dark energy, and might one day be the only surviving component of the universe.

Although Das and Ali's vision appears to resolve a number of problems with the dominant cosmological models, it still requires extensive elaboration to test whether it has even larger problems of its own.

Bigga said:
Johnsonontheleft said:
I also find it funny how people just get on with their mundane lives while just accepting that 'yeah, we're a moving collection of elements on a speck floating around a ball of flames in a vast nothingness' - it never crosses most people's minds, but for me it makes the things humans see as important utterly ridiculous. For instance if you met a head of state you'd probably be nervous - at the end of the day they are a similar collection of star dust floating around on the same floating speck. The whole idea of society is a sham, a distraction from reality. I guess it's our reality but we deliberately ignore the bigger picture.

Before anyone asks, I'm completely sober & don't take drugs - this stuff just blows my mind.

Easy answer is; you'll find out when you pop your clogs.

I DO have a serious question; spiritual followers believe we're all connected via energy (as to why we 'sense' things in each other, have 'gut feelings' and whatever), so does an atheist think this is bullsh*t as well...??
In answer to your question ye this is bullshit as well, it's not just the traditional religions I find bollocks, all this new age hippy shit is just as bad.
And no we won't find any answers when we're dead

Ban-jani said:
Bigga said:
Johnsonontheleft said:
I also find it funny how people just get on with their mundane lives while just accepting that 'yeah, we're a moving collection of elements on a speck floating around a ball of flames in a vast nothingness' - it never crosses most people's minds, but for me it makes the things humans see as important utterly ridiculous. For instance if you met a head of state you'd probably be nervous - at the end of the day they are a similar collection of star dust floating around on the same floating speck. The whole idea of society is a sham, a distraction from reality. I guess it's our reality but we deliberately ignore the bigger picture.

Before anyone asks, I'm completely sober & don't take drugs - this stuff just blows my mind.

Easy answer is; you'll find out when you pop your clogs.

I DO have a serious question; spiritual followers believe we're all connected via energy (as to why we 'sense' things in each other, have 'gut feelings' and whatever), so does an atheist think this is bullsh*t as well...??
We are all connected via energy, but it has nothing to do with gut feelings etc. that's just in your head.

And no you won't find anything out when you pop your clogs, as you won't know, feel, or even be anything anymore.

If anyone has any interest into learning about a universe from nothing, look into Laurence Krauss.

"...In your head"? Really...? Oh, I trust a LOT of it truly is, BUT what about the constant stories I read about of siblings miles apart that feel instances of what is happening to the other? I've seen stories of twins having/ experiencing accidents, same for births and people like my mother who experienced a link to her brother, the day he died. It wasn't a quick "yeah, I'm dead" visit either, it was a lengthy visit, at the end of which he told her he MUST go and was sorry for leaving her. Days later she received a letter informing her of his death.

Mid 1960's. No telephone to connect her and her brother/ family in the region of country he was in.

Yep, all in her head.

BlueBearBoots said:
Bigga said:
Compulsive Rambler said:
Having recent near death experiences has altered my perception on why we are here.

We are nothing. like we see a small particle such as Sand.
In the eyes of the universe - we are Ants.

Through mass capitalism we are taught to be consumers, given an ideology which is driven by our Ego's to think we are somewhat important, when the reality is we are nothing.

What car you drive, how nice your wife looks, how much cash you have, how famous you may have become.... Doesn't mean anything in the bigger picture.
it does have meaning to us in the small-minded state however as we judge each other with ego (which is learnt)

Higher energy, much greater than us just laughs at how stupid we all are. How we are so un-evolved.

We are the rats (humans) in a cage (earth) which is based in a lab somewhere (universe)

Who are the Energies working in this laboratory who have the ability to look at us?
I believe it is higher more evolved energies who have (through time) become way more intelligent than us.

We are all connected, race, gender, religion, we are all one - connected through this energy.
This more advanced energy laughs at how much time we waste fighting each other when the reality is we are all the same.

Am I insane?

I don't care. I know what I experienced when I went into a Coma for over a month.

I'm interested!!

If you don't want to share on here, PM me.

I have personal experiences too!

I'm interested in what you both experienced - can't you post here?

I would post Triple B, but the amount of times people have disrespected what you write is overwhelming. What I have written of my experiences are remembered by those that discussed it, and their own, some years back.

This forum is FULL of those that think Life is black and white, is or is not and nothing in between.

Life isn't like that, in my opinion and there's way too much evidence for it to be that way.

But, that's just me.

Yea, I've shared many thoughts/feelings on this subject only to be ridiculed, but I understand why many people have this simplistic view of the world.

This is down to Fear of the unknown. My father is exactly like this. any time I will start talking about my real experiences of non verbal communication with higher energies, he will announce it as being "cuckoo" and how we should not have these thoughts/feelings.

But I have seen "the other side" I have been there and through well known practises such as Meditation (transcendental being one) I have connected with higher energies.

Put it this way - I have no fear of death.

Compulsive Rambler said:
Yea, I've shared many thoughts/feelings on this subject only to be ridiculed, but I understand why many people have this simplistic view of the world.

This is down to Fear of the unknown. My father is exactly like this. any time I will start talking about my real experiences of non verbal communication with higher energies, he will announce it as being "cuckoo" and how we should not have these thoughts/feelings.

But I have seen "the other side" I have been there and through well known practises such as Meditation (transcendental being one) I have connected with higher energies.

Put it this way - I have no fear of death.

without ridicule mate explain the other side, you can do in here or PM if you like

In Michio Kaku's book Parallel Worlds, he said there's a theory that the universe burst from the other side of a black hole and when everything collapses again (the big crunch) and everything is sucked into the singularity it will all spew out the other side again to create a new universe. This might have happened billions of time already, each time the the variables being different - no life in some, the strength of gravity different etc etc. I like that idea because it makes me feel like im a tiny part of a MASSIVE process. This process might be a tiny reaction that goes on in a tiny part of some animal or being during its lifecycle. But how did this all begin? How??

Most of the time I just think well, maybe just once something DID came from nothing and get on with it thinking about it is pointless.

My biggest problem and what I get most annoyed about is seeing these scrotes who cant even look up to see the beauty above their heads nevermind the thought of how amazing this universe is and how lucky we are to be alive.
Theyre more bothered about some new nike trainers, mugging a granny without a second thought, making excuses to stay on the dole, wrapping a baseball bat around a guys head for owing him a fiver.. I could go on.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.