They're not going to sack him...

Adam Donnelly said:
Could you really go threw another season like this one?

And im sick of people comparing him to Fergiscum saying how long it took him to win something.
Football has moved on. How long did it take Mourinho to win out

The problem is that for every man who says 'I want him out, this season has been shit' theres another man who says 'We've been shit for 32 years what's the harm in giving Hughes another year to get it right? ' The fanbase is completely split on Hughes and probably has been from day one. I personally change my mind frequently. I just don't want to 'start again' with another manager, another backroom team and another bunch of players. We've done it for too long and it's got us nowhwere.
You say 'Could you really go threw another season like this one?' Well yeah I could actually for I've had a lot worse.

julio jordio said:
That's my opinion anyway. They'll stick with him for another season and see how we are then. To me that's the right way to go about it too. I fear that all those wanting his head (understandably at times) are wasting their time and effort that could be better used (or hughesed if you like!) getting behind the team. I'm not having a go at the 'Hughes-out' folk in the slightest as I've been wavering myself. If you believe he's definitely gonna go you might be in for a nasty surprise come the start of next season and I'm sure you'd all love to be proved wrong this time next year. The manager demands that performance last night from the players every week, whose fault is it that we don't get it? Serious question.

I am sick of seeing posts about not slagging off Hughes and getting behind the team instead. What right do the pro Hughes lobby have to assume that we are not getting behind THE TEAM just because we are capable of recognising a flawed manager and wanting rid.

maineroad said:
Adam Donnelly said:

And im sick of people comparing him to Fergiscum saying how long it took him to win something.

i nt and never will compair him to him ill just compair him to moyes at everton enough said, stability with the same manager look at them and they were worse than us before he took over.

Or don't compare him to anyone. Not Moyes. Not Mourinho. Hughes will and should be judged on the job he is doing and whether he can bring the level of success that ADUG want. There is no need to make it complicated and comparing to other managers with different talents and under different circumstances is largely pointless. For every pro Hughes comparison ie Moyes you make an anti Hughes comparison ie Jol for sake of argument and because its topical.

Oh and stability is a factor not the Holy Grail to success. Admittedly it's the only argument for Hughes left so I can understand people clinging to it.

BobKowalski said:
maineroad said:
Adam Donnelly said:

i nt and never will compair him to him ill just compair him to moyes at everton enough said, stability with the same manager look at them and they were worse than us before he took over.

Or don't compare him to anyone. Not Moyes. Not Mourinho. Hughes will and should be judged on the job he is doing and whether he can bring the level of success that ADUG want. There is no need to make it complicated and comparing to other managers with different talents and under different circumstances is largely pointless. For every pro Hughes comparison ie Moyes you make an anti Hughes comparison ie Jol for sake of argument and because its topical.

Oh and stability is a factor not the Holy Grail to success. Admittedly it's the only argument for Hughes left so I can understand people clinging to it.

sorry but every time you get a new manager he wants his team and his tactics so the players get used to playing one way then have to play another under a new manager so i think stability is the biggest factor in success.

[quote="moomba
Why is it that so many people struggle with the idea that you can post your honest opinion that Hughes isn't up to it on a message board, and still be supporting the team. Whats the point of a discussion board if you can't discuss things.quote]

I just think that this manager is dividing our fans (and maybe even the players) like no manager I can remember before. I suppose in an ideal world I'm just hoping that everybody will accept that he's here for the long haul and get on with it. The thing that drives me crazy is when anything goes slightly wrong at the moment it's just 'fuck off hughes' without anything constructive. I can see his limitations myself but maybe he's halfway to getting it right, just maybe.

.....and I wasn't referring to the message board I meant at the games where we really have an impact. I really can see people coming to blows over this.

DTKOAG said:
BobKowalski said:
julio jordio said:
The manager demands that performance last night from the players every week, whose fault is it that we don't get it? Serious question.

The manager. Serious answer.

So you say no responsibility for the players then ?

It's the manager's job to ensure the players are doing the business on the pitch.

julio jordio said:

You really are a simple fence-sitter aren't you mate?

Floats like the wind, knee jerk after every defeat wanting him out, changing your mind back again when they next win a game.

Maybe having a principled view isn't for you, but I like to think I evaluate things a bit more than that, and that my opinions are a bit more considered than yours.

Get beat by WBA will at least give you the chance to change your minds again anyway...

Ed68 said:
With Hughes we possibly could become a stable club challenging for 4th place (possibly) but can anyone on here really see him getting us challenging for the top?

I don't think we'll even get to 4th with Hughes

I don't expect instant success but how long are we prepared to wait ? We could have Hughes for 10 years and still get nothing I reckon.

I'm getting old !!! I don't want to die with City at 13th in the PL and with Hughes as our manager and Dunney as our captain :-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.