Thiago Alcantara

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pep will probably want a 'Busquets' or an 'Alonso' sat behind them a lot of the time

More Barca-esque, with Stones potentially being more like Busquets:
------Stones
Gundogan Thiago

Bayern-esque, with Kroos more the Alonso type:
-------Kroos
Gundogan Thiago

I don't think Stones would play in the midfield. He would be more like Pique. A defender who can play with the ball at his feet and play out from the back. We've been linked with Sergi Samper and I think if we get him he could be the 'Alonso' type player.

So talented but I think he has gone stale at Bayern and become a bit of a safe passenger in their midfield. He has worked with Pep through his whole senior career and could probably do with a different style of coaching.

I'm sorry I just don't know what this is based on. The lad has flourished at bayern and he sure as hell is not a 'passenger' there.

I'm sorry I just don't know what this is based on. The lad has flourished at bayern and he sure as hell is not a 'passenger' there.
This is what a lot of Bayern fans think but granted he has been unlucky with injuries. The game in midweek was a classic example, with all his ability you expect more and for him to be dominating the midfield. But instead he seems to just play far too safe. Like I said perhaps he just needs to work under a different manager instead of following Pep everywhere. He's not a youngster anymore.

Would be great signing, hopefully Kicker is right. Would this possible deal mean no Pogba though?

This is what a lot of Bayern fans think but granted he has been unlucky with injuries. The game in midweek was a classic example, with all his ability you expect more and for him to be dominating the midfield. But instead he seems to just play far too safe. Like I said perhaps he just needs to work under a different manager instead of following Pep everywhere. He's not a youngster anymore.

I don't understand why people expect him to run the midfield as he hever has, for anyone. He's a lightweight flair player like Silva imo, not a midfield general.

I expect part of his performance in midweek came down to the fact that he was playing against the best pressing defensive team in the world.

City Watch ‏@City_Watch 12 min
Recent story in Kicker that Bayern were lining him up to replace Thiago, when Thiago was linked with City.

Daniel Busch @dan_bu
Bayern on verge of signing Roma's Miralem Pjanic, according to TZ. Have reportedly offered him a contract ready to sign.

Definitely an option, He joined as a bit of a pet project for Pep but injuries have stopped him really becoming a force for Bayern. For the right fee I see no reason why they wouldn't sell, they can replace him, he is certainly not a key part of their team.

How many injury prone guys can we carry?
We have Silva, Aguero and Kompany already. All injury prone. Gundogan is iffy ( even though some claim he isn't injury prone) Laporte just broke a leg, all Arsenal players are injury prone including our target Ox. Now this guy?

How long are we gonna ignore the talent of staying healthy?

Isn't that really Leicester's through talent this season? The ability to go with 12-14 guys with little disruption via injury?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.