Watch with Mother
Tin Tin
Gideons Way
Toasting bread on a fire
Outside toilets
Coal 'bunkers'
Tin baths
Bogie carts

Bogies unless you had a dad who was good at DIY the wheels of a pram had to be the norm. Dont see those sort of things nowadays they just nick someones car.

Does anyone remember rockets that you half filled with water then pumped up with a bike-pump then released? They were incredibly powerful, over 100ft at 50+ mph and a water vapour trail. Lethal if used as a weapon. Think they were made in Germany probably modelled on the V2.

exileindevon said:
trolley buses..i just about remember the overhead lines running down ashton new road

trolley.jpg

So do i.

I lived practically on the ground where COMS now stands and trolley buses were a regular feature back in the sixties ...... it looked far diffrent around there back then!

black mamba said:
exileindevon said:
trolley buses..i just about remember the overhead lines running down ashton new road

trolley.jpg

So do i.

I lived practically on the ground where COMS now stands and trolley buses were a regular feature back in the sixties ...... it looked far diffrent around there back then!
you will also remember the train lines going across ashton new road to the docks then.i used to go regular there with my dad when he went to buy truck parts.

BluePurgatory said:
black mamba said:
Pitch
Dixon of Dock Green
Rag n Bone carts
Abacus's
Trolley buses
Flash Gordon
Watch with Mother
Tin Tin
Gideons Way
Toasting bread on a fire
Outside toilets
Coal 'bunkers'
Tin baths
Bogie carts

Bogies unless you had a dad who was good at DIY the wheels of a pram had to be the norm. Dont see those sort of things nowadays they just nick someones car.

hahaha!

Yeah , we used to make them with pram wheels .... or any wheels we could find for that matter !

It'd take us all day to make the bogie cart then some c*nt would get on it , ride down the nearest hill , and end up with it wrapped around a lamp-post!

exileindevon said:
black mamba said:
So do i.

you will also remember the train lines going across ashton new road to the docks then.i used to go regular there with my dad when he went to buy truck parts.

I do indeed ....... seems like a lifeteime ago now ....... there was also a pit in the vicinity back then , and a cinema ........ not too mention a large wireworks.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.