Third party ticket sites and City

I had this conversation with the club early on in City Matters. They openly sell tickets to various official partner agencies for home games. However there were agencies who weren't official partners openly offering packages and I pointed this out to them.

I have severe doubts that the club is directly involved in supplying third-party sites with away tickets on a large scale, as these sites mostly operate on the wrong side of the law. But if they are supplying any of these sites, then it has to be out of their 5% ticket allocation, rather than the season ticket holders'.

It's far more likely that these sites have access to tickets via hospitality season ticket holders or those with high points. I've heard anecdotal evidence of people paying for their hospitality season tickets via this sort of activity.

Hopefully the Ticketing Compliance Manager will be able to make some inroads into this. Just buy a couple of tickets and see where they came from.

No, there is a waiting list, be it an official waiting list that we don’t 100% know about, as with everything at City it’s a secret, and the club will never confirm it exists. If there isn’t an official waiting list, the club know 1000’s of City fans would buy a season ticket if they were made available by the club. Whether official or unofficial, the club know they can sell as many season tickets as they want, but they have decided not to sell any lapsed, returned, ‘which I know about’, or new season tickets to the fans. It’s strange isn’t. All the big PL clubs have a season ticket waiting list, United, Liverpool, Arsenal, Spurs, Chelsea, etc, but City don’t? Hmmm.
For there to be a waiting list you have to be able to join it, we can't so there isn't a waiting list. Describing everyone who is a Cityzen as being on a waiting list (as supposedly City have) is disingenuous as thet have no idea how many actually want a season ticket.

We had a waiting list it was £100 to join and you were assigned a number / place. That was abolished and everyone who was still on it was refunded.

The club know an official waiting list doesn't matter to them as they can easily sell all the season ticket they can put on sale

No, there is a season ticket waiting list to see the treble winners and the best team in the world, but the club have decided to stop selling season tickets and instead turn any lapsed season tickets into match day tickets. Their reasoning, to increase match day revenue, and to hell with the season ticket waiting list, and to the fans who have been waiting patiently for a chance to buy a season ticket for years.
There is no waiting list. Period.

It's not possible to have a sensible debate on this subject when people talk complete tin-foil hat conspiracy bullshit.

I had this conversation with the club early on in City Matters. They openly sell tickets to various official partner agencies for home games. However there were agencies who weren't official partners openly offering packages and I pointed this out to them.

I have severe doubts that the club is directly involved in supplying third-party sites with away tickets on a large scale, as these sites mostly operate on the wrong side of the law. But if they are supplying any of these sites, then it has to be out of their 5% ticket allocation, rather than the season ticket holders'.

It's far more likely that these sites have access to tickets via hospitality season ticket holders or those with high points. I've heard anecdotal evidence of people paying for their hospitality season tickets via this sort of activity.

Hopefully the Ticketing Compliance Manager will be able to make some inroads into this. Just buy a couple of tickets and see where they came from.
Players staff and sponsors don't often get mentioned as sources of these tickets. Investigation throwing these into the mix wouldn't go down well.

For there to be a waiting list you have to be able to join it, we can't so there isn't a waiting list. Describing everyone who is a Cityzen as being on a waiting list (as supposedly City have) is disingenuous as thet have no idea how many actually want a season ticket.

We had a waiting list it was £100 to join and you were assigned a number / place. That was abolished and everyone who was still on it was refunded.

The club know an official waiting list doesn't matter to them as they can easily sell all the season ticket they can put on sale

So there is a season ticket waiting list via the Citizens membership, regardless of how many people would take up the opportunity to buy a season ticket or not. My guess would be 1000’s of people who have a Citizens membership would buy a season ticket, given the chance. But not everyone as you say. The issue isn’t if a season ticket waiting list officially exists or not, even via a Citizens membership, the issue is the club isn’t making season tickets available on ‘purpose’, which doesn’t bode well for the new North stand, unless the club do a complete 360 and make season tickets available as a percentage of the 8000 additional seats. Then there is the price of the season tickets across NSL2 from the front, to the back, to the sides. I dread to think what seat prices the club are coming up with for the new NSL2. We can forget affordable home end tickets.

We regularly see 40% go on sale to points rather than the supposed 60% that should, the differences seems the obvious starting point to me.

Do you think the club would look into where a ticket came from if City Matters gave them the details of a ticket bought from say live football tickets? And do you think they would tell City Matters the outcome?

The long and short of it is that these sites should have no tickets for any games and they should be going to the fans directly.

So there is a season ticket waiting list via the Citizens membership, regardless of how many people would take up the opportunity to buy a season ticket or not. My guess would be 1000’s of people would buy a season ticket. Not everyone as you say. The issue isn’t if a season ticket waiting list officially exists or not, even via a Citizens membership, the issue is the club aren’t making season tickets available on ‘purpose’, which doesn’t bode well for the new North stand, unless the club do a complete 360 and make season tickets available as a percentage of the 8000 additional seats. Then there is the price of the season tickets across NSL2, from the front, to the back, to the sides.
That's not a waiting list though is it? That's a list of people who might buy a season ticket or might not buy a season ticket. That covers literally everyone.

There is no waiting list. Period.

It's not possible to have a sensible debate on this subject when people talk complete tin-foil hat conspiracy bullshit.
That’s fair enough. Even if there are fans who want season tickets and are Citizen members. There’s no need to see your arse PB. :-)

Last edited:
That's not a waiting list though is it? That's a list of people who might buy a season ticket or might not buy a season ticket. That covers literally everyone.
No, there is a list of people who will buy a season ticket, given the opportunity. A very long list. We all know that. But as you say, and PB has nicely pointed out ;-), there isn’t an actual named waiting season ticket list. Or a list where said person would be first in the queue for a season ticket.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.