This season....

Cheesy said:
4times said:
If the unthinkable happens and we dont go through, and we finish 9th, would you class it as a poor season? Sorry if it has been covered before but, i think it would be a reasonable season, better than some i have seen over the past few years, and there has been some memorable away european trips????????

Yes it will have been a poor season. With £80 million spent on top of last years squad there should be an improvement over last season league position (there may well still be).

Under the same manager i've agree with you... the fact we've had to "start again" with a new formation, new ethics and style and now new ambitions compared to the old owners then i dont think we should have ever expected to improve on last years standing.

We were very lucky with injuries and were noway the finished article as the second half of the season showed... its not like taking over at Chelsea yet, the talent doesnt manage itself - because we don't have the palyers available they do.

GStar said:
Cheesy said:
4times said:
If the unthinkable happens and we dont go through, and we finish 9th, would you class it as a poor season? Sorry if it has been covered before but, i think it would be a reasonable season, better than some i have seen over the past few years, and there has been some memorable away european trips????????

Yes it will have been a poor season. With £80 million spent on top of last years squad there should be an improvement over last season league position (there may well still be).

Under the same manager i've agree with you... the fact we've had to "start again" with a new formation, new ethics and style and now new ambitions compared to the old owners then i dont think we should have ever expected to improve on last years standing.

We were very lucky with injuries and were noway the finished article as the second half of the season showed... its not like taking over at Chelsea yet, the talent doesnt manage itself - because we don't have the palyers available they do.

100% agree, judge Hughes + the players from nexrt seasons performance. Once everyone has had a full post/pre season. We should be a real force next season i cant wait.

Cheesy said:
4times said:

Com'on mate the only good players from last season are Petrov,elano and Boj and two have been out all season. I think if the 80m was spent in the summer you might have point but most of his signings was only in jan, not much they can do about about the league position. At least we can say we won all the home games since they arrived.

Wouldn't be a dissapointment. Posted on here in late october early november that hughes was going to persist with his 4 2 3 1 formation and bring in players to play that system. In January he has, and in my eyes now needs a left back to push bridge, and a big centre forward. I would leave hughes alone and look at where we are at christmas. If he carries on the home form, and turns losses away into draws, and draws into wins who knows where we will be come the end of next season. Also like the fact that he still has faith in our youth. Onuha has steadied the ship at the back and should now get a new deal.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.