Ticket Points Sales Tracking

There’s no logic in the current system. Those with the most points are in a closed shop because those of us playing catch up can’t accumulate points to gain parity. I was lucky to go to Istanbul incurring huge personal expense yet was award no points. Same for other European aways. I attend all home fixtures including cup games yet I am no longer awarded points for doing so. I then see vloggers and “tourist” fans able to attend away matches. The system is broken. It’s time to ditch platinum and gold and reform the system so it’s fairer and to genuinely give “loyal” fans the chance to attend these matches
The system isn’t broken it’s the club who are purposely mis managing it and basically touting tickets about at will to the highest bidders .

The system isn’t broken it’s the club who are purposely mis managing it and basically touting tickets about at will to the highest bidders .
It would have worked if left alone if there was sufficient supply of tickets to those on loyalty points. 80% would have seen people on low and medium points in with a chance almost every game, 30/40% for high demand games killed it.

You need to think about this. It’s not about penalising those who have done the hard yards. No one can catch up with those with more points so it’s become a closed shop. How is that fair? What’s more the pool of available tickets gets smaller and smaller.
1 It's not about penalising people who have done the hard yards,yet you want to scrap the system .
2, No one can catch up and it has become a closed shop?
It's become a closed shop because the loyalty points were scrapped at the behest of the City matters group.
3, The pot of available tickets gets smaller?
And that in a nutshell is your problem.
Here's a radical suggestion that I have thought about, put the 3000 tickets that they normally get for an away match, through the loyalty points scheme .
I would guarantee you that if they did,it would be selling out at circa 10000 points rather than the 21000 at present.
Out of the above allocation, put 15% aside for juniors and 18/25.
Put another 10% into a ballot for people under 10000 points.
It's not the points system that's wrong, It's the way that the club is abusing the allocation of tickets that is wrong.
Go and ask the club what they are doing with the 50% of tickets that regularly disappear for away matches, unless it is a night match or a difficult place to get too when mysteriously up to 70% of tickets go onsale through the loyalty points scheme,because the hospitality clientele aren't interested.
Best atmosphere at away grounds this season, Luton,Newcastle,Everton and Tottenham, as you say think about it,what was the difference at those grounds, compared to the games at Anfield and Old Trafford.

Last edited:
It is broken. The club clearly broke it but it’s still broken and no longer fit for purpose.

1 It's not about penalising people who have done the hard yards,yet you want to scrap the system .
2, No one can catch up and it has become a closed shop?
It's become a closed shop because the loyalty points were scrapped at the behest of the City matters group.
3, The pot of available tickets gets smaller?
And that in a nutshell is your problem.
Here's a radical suggestion that I have thought about, put the 3000 tickets that they normally get for an away match, through the loyalty points scheme .
I would guarantee you that if they did,it would be selling out at circa 10000 points rather than the 21000 at present.
Out of the above allocation, put 15% aside for juniors and 18/25.
Put another 10% into a ballot for people under 10000 points.
It's not the points system that's wrong, It's the way that the club is abusing the allocation of tickets that is wrong.
Go and ask the club what they are doing with the 50% of tickets that regularly disappear for away matches, unless it is a night match or a difficult place to get too when mysteriously up to 70% of tickets go onsale through the loyalty points scheme,because the hospitality clientele aren't interested.
Best atmosphere at away grounds this season, Luton,Newcastle,Everton and Tottenham, as you say think about it,what was the difference at those grounds, compared to the games at Anfield and Old Trafford.
I agree with much of this. I said it needs scrapping or reforming. In its current state it’s a farce.

I have been quite protective of the points system, but I think it's clear that it is broken. The club are being less than honest about where the away allocation goes and the system is clearly being abused. I never really saw the logic of stopping the accumulation of points for away games, it was supposedly to at least in part to stop people points whoring, but it has just been replaced with other ways of gaming the system. Missing out on some aways to then get pictures sent to you of people clearly at their first game is galling. Without co-operation from the club, I can't see a solution.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.