Ticket Prices

I can't argue with the price per game for my seasoncard, who could with the squad we have? I think it works out at just under £35 per game. At £50+ per game I'd be out. I'd only pay that for games against the top six and then reluctantly.

Absolutely pointless contemplating one-off matches for myself now unless it’s an early cup round where they sometimes reduce prices.

To pay for a ticket and travel to the game is over 1/4 of my monthly disposable income now.
Probably doesn’t even get a second thought by anyone in our boardroom that actual fans of the club who want to go, face that kind of thing. Only that there are people who can pay anything they put the prices up to which makes them think the prices are justifiable.

Adult ST price for Family Stand L1 is £545 and U18 price is £135. So for 1 adult and 1 child a total of £680 or £35.79pg if attended 19 games.

Adult matchday price for Family Stand L1 is now £50 adult and £30 U18 = £80 for the casual fan. So that's a big differential of £45 more for matchday rather than ST. Plenty of room for discount IMO.

City use "elastic" pricing. The week before last 95% of the ground was £60+ for adult matchday and £40+ for U18 (and reduced to £50/£30 last week in some places).
So then you were looking at a difference of £65+ for 1 adult + 1 child. That really is taking the piss IMO.

Yes, I understand City do the big discounts from time to time and particularly for domestic cups. It's great to see nearly a full house for example for a FA Cup tie against a lower side. I think that's brilliant. I also know we have a great range of ST prices compared to the other bigger clubs.

But I continue to think City are taking the piss with matchday prices.
Top work, but I can't see an easy solution.

If match day ticket prices were slashed then many S/T holders would give them up and pick and choose matches to attend.

Maybe the Club could put a thousand or so open to Ballot for each home game at heavily reduced prices?

I just can't see how you are gonna cater for the guy who suddenly decides he wants to go to the weekend match and take his kids, no membership, no nothing, but won't pay the high prices.

Those days are long gone and it will only become possible again when football is played in front of half empty grounds like it was when most of us starting watching.

loads of tickets left for Saturday, so so poor that fans want to attend but the pricing is so out of touch people cannot afford it, instead of growing our fanbase, it appears the decision makers would sooner alienate it, all this on the back of a pandemic when lots of people are financially worse off, and have got out of the habit of going to the match. I presume the seats that are not being sold would usually end up in the hands of tourists, who are not allowed to travel at the moment, absolutely clueless.

loads of tickets left for Saturday, so so poor that fans want to attend but the pricing is so out of touch people cannot afford it, instead of growing our fanbase, it appears the decision makers would sooner alienate it, all this on the back of a pandemic when lots of people are financially worse off, and have got out of the habit of going to the match. I presume the seats that are not being sold would usually end up in the hands of tourists, who are not allowed to travel at the moment, absolutely clueless.

Spot on

No, the issue is all the seats left, and it isn’t that many, are all singles. So no good for a family or group of friends to go. With so many match day tickets on sale now isolated singles will always be left, that will be a problem all year because of deferals..Plus it’s the bank holiday weekend and end of the holidays.

No, the issue is all the seats left, and it isn’t that many, are all singles. So no good for a family or group of friends to go. With so many match day tickets on sale now isolated singles will always be left, that will be a problem all year because of deferals..Plus it’s the bank holiday weekend and end of the holidays.
There are a big lump of over 100 in one block.

Tickets a lot of area of the ground that were £63 to start with were lowered to £50 and now some full adult tickets are £40.

So Members with match day ticket priority are likely to the full rack rate, but I can't see many others buying at this stage, you see the price and make a decision, you don't come back every couple of days checking if it has gone down, plus even at £40 it is not an impulse buy and a single seat.

The 'dynamic' strategy is anything but.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.