Time for Soriano to do the right thing.

fbloke

I have watched press conferences where Soriano has introduced NYCFC and explained the relationship between City and the group's new club, talking directly to New Yorkers and MLS fans.

I have heard Soriano's thoughts on the addition of a Melbourne club to the CFG stable, the message was aimed at Aussie football fans.

I have seen the video of Soriano talking to an audience in the UAE all about City and the world of football finance.

In all honesty he comes across as a clued up guy, a professional administrator and very capable CEO.

But he has never bothered doing any interviews or press conferences for us Manchester City fans.

Soriano has failed to inform US how the plans will develop MANCHESTER City.

We occasionally get chucked a statement, as we have had with the FFP situation.

But let's be honest we are being treated rather shabbily by the Ferran. Are we being either deliberately ignored? Yes, I think we are.

I think its high time Soriano gets in front of the cameras and introduces himself to us, the City fans as he has done for Americans, Aussies and Abu Dhabians.

And maybe he can properly explain some of what has gone on and indeed some of what will be happening too.

Considering the recent statement on FFP included this gem of a line "our decision to do so must be balanced against the practical realities for our fans" I think the club are making quite a few assumptions about us City fans.

One assumption is that we are happy with an occasional, bland club statement.

I for one expect the globe trotting Ferran Soriano to do what many players, and even the kit man have done, and give us an interview and at least introduce himself as he has done all over the world for other.

Bit extreme mate, he's put quite a few things on the OS and we definitely get quite a bit of Khaldoon's time, ever think Soriano might have been snowed under with his workload (the two new clubs, FFP, 5+ new commercial partners and bobby's dismissal) since he joined?

No doubt the silence is deafening and I have found myself sometimes frustrated especially when wanting my club to fight back under what has sometimes been a PR dirty tricks campaign from the G 14 cartel.

However , this silence comes right from the very top and the clubs actions speak much louder than words.

I now embrace the silence and revel in the knowledge that from top to bottom this club is run by the best available people and is on an unstoppable path to the top of world football.

No one can stop us.

It is inevitable.......

We had a publicity-seeker in Garry Cook and I remember all the negative media he brought us.

Now, I know Garry did a great deal of good work for us, and I also know that without his sterling efforts, HRH Sheikh Mansour might well not have bought City, so this is not a slag-Garry-Cook-off post.

We have other people to do interviews, so we should just let Ferran get on with his job, IMHO.

To a point I agree with Fbloke.

The problem is this.

Unless there's a specific reason for City to hold a press conference and to comment, they won't.

As has been written and posted a million times before, it's not the way they do things in Abu Dhabi and the Middle East. That will translate to Ferran Soriano ad Manchester City Football Club.

What we will get soon is the end of season interview with khaldoon Al Mubarak. He will touch on certain aspects of this season and next season. but he won't discuss FFPR and UEFA's sanctions.(City have never mentioned those four letters in public)

However, as a City fan I would like City to be a bit more open, and to tell the fans in which direction the club is heading on and off the pitch, and why. And yes, like you all, I would love to hear and see khaldoon Al Mubarak tell us one or two exclusives. :-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.