Tommy Doyle | On loan at Wolves

What’s going on with his injury? He broke his foot in May and tweeted about being back on the pitch in the middle of August, but still no sign of him.

Foden was 17 last season, Tommy Doyle is basically 1 season behind him.
Yes I know but Foden isn't a regular yet so if Doyle is 2 years away Silva will probably be leaving and unless he renews Gundogan too. So unless we buy that would leave KDB, Bernardo, Foden and Doyle assuming they are good enough for the 2 positions. So if they are good enough they would get plenty of opportunities as 19 and 20 year olds.

Yes I know but Foden isn't a regular yet so if Doyle is 2 years away Silva will probably be leaving and unless he renews Gundogan too. So unless we buy that would leave KDB, Bernardo, Foden and Doyle assuming they are good enough for the 2 positions. So if they are good enough they would get plenty of opportunities as 19 and 20 year olds.

Do you seriously think this club will ever have a 19 and 20 year old with maybe 50 professional games between them as the immediate back ups to KDB and Bernardo the starting pair?

It's just never going to happen. Which means we buy, which means it's gonna be tough (but possible) for Phil to come through, but not Phil & another kid.

So if box-to-box midfielder Doyle ends up in Fernandinho's position, there's a much easier route for him. He'd be third choice with one of those 3rd choices being 35 year old Fernandinho.

Do you seriously think this club will ever have a 19 and 20 year old with maybe 50 professional games between them as the immediate back ups to KDB and Bernardo the starting pair?

It's just never going to happen.
Not sure what your point is you said they would be competing with each other and " we are already stacked with Silva, Silva, KDB and Gundogan." . I'm just saying 2 of them will be gone If we don't think Foden and Doyle are enough then we'll buy someone. If we think they are good enough we won't I'm not thinking anything.

Not sure what your point is you said they would be competing with each other and " we are already stacked with Silva, Silva, KDB and Gundogan." . I'm just saying 2 of them will be gone If we don't think Foden and Doyle are enough then we'll buy someone. If we think they are good enough we won't I'm not thinking anything.

I'm genuinely amazed you're finding it impossible to grasp this.

Because I don't see what there is to grasp you seem to be worrying about a problem that may be 2 years down the line that doesn't need worrying about because we don't know who will and won't be with us.

Could he play #6?

I'm slightly concerned that him being so close to Foden in age is gonna end up in them competing against each other at a position where we are already stacked with Silva, Silva, KDB and Gundogan.

If he ended up at the base of our midfield instesd of as one of the two 8's hed have a much easier path to the first team.

Matt Smith is more of a traditional #6 than Doyle, but then the chances of us having 3 Academy players in the first team squad in a few years are practically nil.

your writing a 16 year old kid off before he is even given a chance , yes we buy players and will in the future , but if you look a Pep's great Barca team he brought players through from the academy and i think Foden will get minimum 20 games this season , who is to say that Doyle will not progress at as similar rate in the next 12/18 months ? What i dont grasp is your attitude to our academy and young players , are you telling me if we have ten world class players in a starting XI , that Pep cannot filter a couple of youngsters into the team over a season , he was able to do it with Barca and thank fuck you arent anywhere near a management position in football ,because we may as well shut the academy a throw away the fucking key.

your writing a 16 year old kid off before he is even given a chance

Again, how the fuck have you arrived at that conclusion?

I've done no such thing, I said I worry he won't be able to come through within 12 months of Foden at the same position, and if he could play another position he'd have a much better chance.

Everything else you've said seems to just be more bullshit based on your incorrect conclusion that I've written him off, but I will point out that my attitude to our academy comes from following it for the past 5 years, and seeing the club fail time after time, seeing us have 1 league start from an academy player since Micah Richards left in 2013.

Also, how can you read a thread with a post celebrating his 17th birthday and then 3 posts later call him 16? Did you even read the thread before posting? You didn't read my comments very well, so I guess not...

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.