Tonight's Songs at Reading

gymshoe said:
A little late for this, but:

We don't need no Pellegrini
We don't need Mourinho
We've got two new trophies in the closet
Txiki leave our Bob alone
Hey, Txiki, leave our Bob alone!
All in all this move just makes no sense at all.

Pathetic.

dave_blue12 said:
I will give Mancini his dues but won't overdo it as it starts to look like a protest
I really hope the Mancini song isn't sung constantly as it will definitely look like a protest aimed at the owner. Unless of course people think Mancini would have won us trophies on our pre-ADUG budget.

Lancet Fluke said:
dave_blue12 said:
I will give Mancini his dues but won't overdo it as it starts to look like a protest
I really hope the Mancini song isn't sung constantly as it will definitely look like a protest aimed at the owner. Unless of course people think Mancini would have won us trophies on our pre-ADUG budget.

Some people might call it a tribute, not a protest.

I have no issue with people singing the Mancini song tonight, or on Sunday. Whether you agree or disagree with Mancini's sacking, the timing of it, the reasoning behind it or anything else, there's no doubt that Mancini has been a successful manager at City. He has delivered Champion's League football in each of his full seasons, he's won the FA Cup, our first trophy since 1976, and he's won the league title, our first since the 1960's. And he beat United 6-1, on their own pitch. I will carry happy memories from Mancini's reign for the rest of my life, and for those I will be eternally grateful. The Mancini signing should be a celebration of his managerial period, and a thank you for the good times. It shouldn't be a protest against the club or the board.

Matty said:
I have no issue with people singing the Mancini song tonight, or on Sunday. Whether you agree or disagree with Mancini's sacking, the timing of it, the reasoning behind it or anything else, there's no doubt that Mancini has been a successful manager at City. He has delivered Champion's League football in each of his full seasons, he's won the FA Cup, our first trophy since 1976, and he's won the league title, our first since the 1960's. And he beat United 6-1, on their own pitch. I will carry happy memories from Mancini's reign for the rest of my life, and for those I will be eternally grateful. The Mancini signing should be a celebration of his managerial period, and a thank you for the good times. It shouldn't be a protest against the club or the board.

Spot on Matty...

Lancet Fluke said:
dave_blue12 said:

stop trying to tell people what they should and should not sing ffs. The Sheikh and Khaldoon know that the fans loved (love) Bobby and will not be offended by it; whether the 2 Spanish gentlemen are bothered I would not know as they have never made their feelings known to the fans once, as far as I am aware

Sheikh Mansour song should be the biggest song of the night after giving Mancini a small tribute at the start of the match. (Most of us) were City fans before Mancini and we will be afterwards too. Time to move forward.

Pam said:
Lancet Fluke said:
dave_blue12 said:

Well if it is sung constantly, and I am fairly sure it will be, see how it is viewed by the media and the rest of the football world. I guarantee it will be seen as a protest about his sacking. Especially on the back of the songs about Pellegrini at Wembley.

I'm sure the players will react wonderfully when some fans, instead of getting behind them, will sing our former managers name - that manager who many of the players fell out with.

Lancet Fluke said:
Pam said:
Lancet Fluke said:

Well if it is sung constantly, and I am fairly sure it will be, see how it is viewed by the media and the rest of the football world. I guarantee it will be seen as a protest about his sacking. Especially on the back of the songs about Pellegrini at Wembley.

I don't hold with slagging off Pellegrini. I don't want him at City but he's coming anyway and we will have to back him.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.