Tony Adams takes over as Granada coach

Discussion in 'General football forum' started by Ric, 10 Apr 2017.

1. mat

mat

Official Gimp to The Rat that Barks
    Will there still be a place for Annie Walker?

2. cadds92

cadds92

As an English coach I want him to do well, but this is the most outlandish managerial appointment I have seen since Neville got the Valencia job.

Good luck to him.

3. Vienna_70

Vienna_70

rag hater
    At least Adams has tried his hand at management before.

4. BigOscar

BigOscar

I'd be checking to make sure the Granada chairman doesn't have money on them losing every game and going down. Farcical appointment, the guy is clueless.

5. BigOscar

BigOscar

Yes and was fucking terrible at it.

6. Falcao

Falcao

7. cleavers

cleavers

Me too, he was a tough tackling, but mostly decent footballer. He had life issues like depression, and alcoholism, but he did something about them, to the point where he has probably helped many others overcome their own issues, and he seems to have overcome his.

Rather than assume the worst, I hope, we should all hope, that he does well, he was never a dislikeable fella to me. I'll leave that for people like Merson, and Collymore to name a couple.

A great read about him for those who are interested.

8. wish him well too, how his Spanish? i ll give him two games...... unless he has been learning Spanish the last two years.

9. Cheadle_hulmeBlue

Cheadle_hulmeBlue

yea he seems like a good guy, who as you say went through hard times. he was such a good player and for arsenal too. hes exactly what they are missing imo

10. cleavers

cleavers

As central defenders go, one of the best, and by the sounds of it was as pissed as a Sunday league player at the same time.

I think how he's turned his life round is a great story, and then setting up something to help others in the same or similar plight.

As a coach, he has a lot to prove, but as a person I think he stands up pretty well, and that article (though a few years old) shows it.

Not sure about his dress sense however ;o)