Torres

IH8MUFC said:
lee-mcfc said:
The Pink Panther said:
Looked a forlorn figure last night and was isolated, however he never really made himself a threat in the penalty area, but was that because Chelsea never got the ball in there?
He seemed strong in the air and did really well to hold Richards off when controlling a long ball and also looked dangerous when he was allowed to turn and run (when he set up Mata for their only chance in the first half)

What are peoples opinions of him, is he finished or does he need another club and a fresh start?

Personally, I'd take him at ours over Dzeko, Tevez and maybe even Mario
So you would take a guy who never scores over players who have scored plenty this season? ..
20 months ago i might agree but now? No
You think he was a better player than Tevez, Dzeko and Balo 20 months ago? Torres has been awful for 3 straight seasons.
ok even longer than that i couldn't work out when he was actually decent!

wait, are you lads saying even though he had a brace against mid-table Championship side at the weekend, he's still not back??

Still had a heavy touch, not confident with the ball at his feet, bullied easily by every member of our back 4 all night. Worked hard though and was much better than Drogba, I'll give him that.

Poor player.

Ntini77 said:
I thought he was their best player. He's obviously lacking in confidence, but you can still see his class.
Giving the ball away 95% of the time is class?

I was impressed with him last night given the lack of service he received. Thought he worked hard, very impressed with how well he held up the ball (looked bloody strong) and used it intelligently. Best I've seen from him for a while.

Sure he didn't have a stormer, but as a lone central striker, it's difficult when your team are on the back foot for most of the game.

I watched on a stream last night with a Scouse co-commentator (John Aldridge???)

After Torres's early (and good) turn, run and set up, the commentators were wanking over him for the remainder of the first half, saying he is back to his best etc etc.
He scored two fucking goals against Leicester fucking City FFS.

He had one or two good touches, but overall he was poor.

I am not sure if he has lost a bit of pace. There were several occasions when they were breaking on us and we just too the ball back off him easily

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.