Tottenham v City Pre Match Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: tottenham

They'll up their game next weekend ......

they'll be playing City then , not United!

They certainly look half asleep at the Swamp tonite .....

Spurs roll over without any effort against rags once again. They will play against us like their lives depend on it.

They'll up their game next weekend ......
They will play against us like their lives depend on it.

Exactly what I was thinking. They absolutely hate us, the players as much if not more than their fans. Mind you, the way they folded after conceding the first is encouraging for us. They really haven't moved forward as a team in the last two years like we have. Think they'll be up for the game, passionate, pacy and technical, but we'll take the game by the scruff of the neck and turn them over.

Ironically, I think we should play a very expansive game. They are always undone by it (E.G. Real M., United, etc....

I hope Balotelli get's a start though. I'm just zealous to see how he'll perform this new season. He's certainly not a player you keep out for 3/4 games though.

I hope Mancini learned today how to beat Spurs !
United played with 2 CM, 2 Wingers & 2 pacy forwards !

I hope Mancini play with this formation :

__________________Hart________________

Richards______VK____JL_________Clichy

____________Yaya_____Barry________

Aguero_________Tevez__________Silva

______________Dzeko____________

I just hope we go out there with a positive game plan like we have in the last two games, plus I hope he starts dzeko over tevez as hes growing in confidence and shows that the manager has confidence in him to which is all good.

Here's the team I'd pick: (I wouldn't want to push our full-backs on too much in this game, and risk getting out caught out in the last minute (vis-a vis vis v the rags in the charity shield a fort-night ago) due to the pace of Bale & Lennon, so would leave Clichy out & put Zabba in at left back to "tackle" anything that moved.

--------------------------Hart-------------------------
--Richards---Kompany--Lescot--Zab------
-----------------DeJong------Barry---------------
---------------------------Nasri----------------------
-----------------Silva-------------Yaya-------------
-------------------------Aguero----------------------

Bloody hell!! - Nasri & Silva playing together on the same side...in city shirts.. CAN'T WAIT.....BRING IT ON COOKIE...pretty please

Tevez City said:
I hope Mancini learned today how to beat Spurs !
United played with 2 CM, 2 Wingers & 2 pacy forwards !

Yes. That is the the team I would want. After watching the game last night, it seems Spurs have a massive weakness between their bank of 4 and the midfield 2. We need to press them high up the pitch and take the game to them rather than sit back as we did last year.

Tevez City said:

Too much of a gap between the defensive midfield and strike force. I would prefer Milner for Tevez or Aguero, either of whom can become another impact sub like Johnson.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.