Toure Yaya 42

glen quagmire said:
Blue Phil said:
edited, and i bet Kolarov is like number 83 :(
Time for Richards, Bridge, Ireland etc to give up their numbers!

It should read something like this:

Given 1

Boetang 2 - Kompany 4 - Lescott 5 - Kolarov 3

De Jong 8 - Y.Toure 24 - Barry 6

Silva 7

Tevez 10 - Balotelli 9

sounds sad but it frustrates me now that every player seems to have a number of preference, a high one.

2 things.
1. why do all the outfield players get 1-11 numbers but yaya doesn't?
2. vieira is number 24.
(not being a smartarse mate, just interested why you say the numbers should be 1-11, then give someone 24)
1. I don't mind some players having 'special' numbers. I.e if Tevez wanted 32 still. It's just that we seem to have it on a massive scale.
2. I couldn't think of another number usually associated with DM's, 11?

If as you say 42 is the answer to the universe and everything, how does that answer the question of why Joe Cole chose Liverpool over the Gunners and the Spuds because of football reasons?

Blue Phil said:
glen quagmire said:
2 things.
1. why do all the outfield players get 1-11 numbers but yaya doesn't?
2. vieira is number 24.
(not being a smartarse mate, just interested why you say the numbers should be 1-11, then give someone 24)
1. I don't mind some players having 'special' numbers. I.e if Tevez wanted 32 still. It's just that we seem to have it on a massive scale.

11 is traditionally a winger/support striker

I'd say 6 is a defensive number.. 2-5 defence, 6-8 midfield 9-11 strikers, and your backup keeper is usually 12

Hamann Pineapple said:
Has any player ever had a 3 figure number on his back ? Just wondered like. It's bound to happen one day if not already.

Out own Robinho had 200 on his back in a santos game

Hamann Pineapple said:
Has any player ever had a 3 figure number on his back ? Just wondered like. It's bound to happen one day if not already.
Yep, Australia in the asian cup qualifiers..not 1 player had a 2 digit or 1 digit..

OT: Vieria can piss off..

Hammond said:
Blue Phil said:

11 is traditionally a winger/support striker

I'd say 6 is a defensive number.. 2-5 defence, 6-8 midfield 9-11 strikers, and your backup keeper is usually 12
Doesnt a centre mid normally have 4 and a centre back 6? Like Gerard and Terry for england?

In a 4-4-2:

2 5 6 3
7 4 8 11
9 10

The system is a bit strange as it developed from the original 2-3-5 formation which was numbered like this:

2 3
4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11

Blue Phil said:
edited, and i bet Kolarov is like number 83 :(
Time for Richards, Bridge, Ireland etc to give up their numbers!

It should read something like this:

Given 1

Boetang 2 - Kompany 4 - Lescott 5 - Kolarov 3

De Jong 8 - Y.Toure 24 - Barry 6

Silva 7

Tevez 10 - Balotelli 9

sounds sad but it frustrates me now that every player seems to have a number of preference, a high one.

might work if had Kolarov and Balotelli ........ but we don't.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.