tourists yesterday

Whitworth Park said:
Two behind me.
Couldnt tell the difference between Zab and Kompany.
Then one was singing we lost today and we lost last week.
Bless em

go easy i'm like that at every game, a sub warms up and i have no clue who it is i'm that blind. its an age thing :)

M18CTID said:
Funny how Norwich away yesterday saw plenty of old faces in attendance with these tourists pretty much conspicuous by their absence, probably because they don't see Norwich away as an attractive fixture. As it happens, Norwich has been one of my favourite away days down the years and pisses all over Chelsea and Liverpool.
It could also be the case that, like you, a lot of these 'old faces' prefer trips to grounds like Carrow Road over trips to grounds like Stamford Bridge and the Emirates. These are grounds that most have been to many, many times and have probably got sick of forking out an arm and a leg for. Away days like Norwich and Blackpool are so popular with 'old faces' not because the tourists don't fancy them but because away days like that are so rare.

Been to seven away games this season, including yesterday. I came out without my voice intact. I see your point though, that's the loudest game I've been to all season. Great support!

de niro said:
Whitworth Park said:
Two behind me.
Bless em

go easy i'm like that at every game, a sub warms up and i have no clue who it is i'm that blind. its an age thing :)

Now Bill you know you are a mere youngster so don't be playing the age card. You just don't recognise our players because you are blinded by the halo round Vincent Kompany's head!!! Nothing to do with age. :-)

Skashion said:
As for money buying tickets, it's always going to happen unless you introduce photo ticketing, which would be a massive pain in the arse for many genuine blues who want to bring mates along on occasions, or if someone needs to sell a ticket that was bought with a genuine intention to go but the circumstances have changed.
It's the club itself that is effectively touting away tickets to anyone who's willing to pay way over the odds for one by bundling it with coach travel and a meal.

Well it was my first away day since the late '80s and I felt no difference in the volume of support from what I remember fro back then. But, I could probably be classed as a tourist.

The bloke behind me sat in block H row seat 58, I think row z.....bloody loud, my ears are still ringing ;-)

Dubai Blue said:
M18CTID said:
Funny how Norwich away yesterday saw plenty of old faces in attendance with these tourists pretty much conspicuous by their absence, probably because they don't see Norwich away as an attractive fixture. As it happens, Norwich has been one of my favourite away days down the years and pisses all over Chelsea and Liverpool.
It could also be the case that, like you, a lot of these 'old faces' prefer trips to grounds like Carrow Road over trips to grounds like Stamford Bridge and the Emirates. These are grounds that most have been to many, many times and have probably got sick of forking out an arm and a leg for. Away days like Norwich and Blackpool are so popular with 'old faces' not because the tourists don't fancy them but because away days like that are so rare.

Oh, I agree with that DB. The point I was trying to make is that the club didn't appear to sell many, or any, ticket packages to any Tom, Dick, and Harry for this one yet they do for say the Swamp derby despite the fact that the away allocation could sell out 3 times over to long standing City fans that have loyalty points but don't have the cash to pay over the odds for a corporate package.<br /><br />-- Sun Apr 15, 2012 11:08 am --<br /><br />
LittleStan said:
Well it was my first away day since the late '80s and I felt no difference in the volume of support from what I remember fro back then. But, I could probably be classed as a tourist.

The bloke behind me sat in block H row seat 58, I think row z.....bloody loud, my ears are still ringing ;-)

That was probably me - I was row Z, seat 57 ;)

M18CTID said:
Dubai Blue said:
M18CTID said:

Oh, I agree with that DB. The point I was trying to make is that the club didn't appear to sell many, or any, ticket packages to any Tom, Dick, and Harry for this one yet they do for say the Swamp derby despite the fact that the away allocation could sell out 3 times over to long standing City fans that have loyalty points but don't have the cash to pay over the odds for a corporate package.
Agreed. I think the way the club touts away tickets to those who can afford to pay for it is a longstanding disgrace. Our fans are being ripped off enough by every other club without City getting in on the act.

Dubai Blue said:
It's the club itself that is effectively touting away tickets to anyone who's willing to pay way over the odds for one by bundling it with coach travel and a meal.
I'm saying even if they didn't do, enough money will get a ticket.

As I say, it's a non-issue for me. Chelsea is only an issue because of the small allocation. Solution: take a higher allocation. Rags, yeah, they shouldn't do it for that. Someone mentioned Liverpool as well. That didn't even sell out last April and this season it went to fairly low points as well as I recall. So, I see it as an issue once a season. Of the four glamour games that corporates and tourists want to go to, only one actually sells out at high points.

de niro said:
Whitworth Park said:
Two behind me.
Bless em

A couple and a group of six lads who all looked South American in the early number seats at the back of the stand.

The guy behind me couldn't tell Kompany from Cliche and Tevez from Aguero.
He also sprayed the back of my next with spit every time he shouted anything with an 'S' sound in it - City unfortunately being one of those words.

Made me laugh when his twentyish son asked 'What the fucks all that about having Norwich and Peterborough on the stand roof? Do they have to share the ground with them. Wankers.'

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.