Trailer Time...

I admit, I thought that, but deleted it as I wasn't sure.

The film wasn't memorable except for that scene.

Its Hawkeye the series. Fisk has always been known to wear white/cream suits. The Hawaiian shirt was lifted from a graphic novel he was in.

Its Hawkeye the series. Fisk has always been known to wear white/cream suits. The Hawaiian shirt was lifted from a graphic novel he was in.

I understand the Hawaiian shirt origin cos I read it as a kid and yeah, the 'Hawkeye' thing feels familiar; they all fucking blend these days.

My point was, and is, if Disney have softened up 'King Pin' as per that piece I'm pretty much convinced Marvel/ Disney have lost their way.

No need to tamper with the character that much.

I know I'm late to the party as it came out in 2017, but Blade Runner 2049 is a rare sequel that is better than the first film

I understand the Hawaiian shirt origin cos I read it as a kid and yeah, the 'Hawkeye' thing feels familiar; they all fucking blend these days.

My point was, and is, if Disney have softened up 'King Pin' as per that piece I'm pretty much convinced Marvel/ Disney have lost their way.

No need to tamper with the character that much.

Again how was he softened up? He beats the shit out of kate bishop in that episode. He throws her around the room like a doll...you seem to suggest wearing the Hawaiian shirt made him soft

Again, he was, and is, a Spider-Man man villain. I'd say Netflix toughed him up rather than Marvel/Disney softened him

Last edited:
I know I'm late to the party as it came out in 2017, but Blade Runner 2049 is a rare sequel that is better than the first film

There's several versions of Bladerunner though so all depends which version you are comparing it to.

Final cut is the definitive version that most accurately reflects Ridley Scott's artistic vision.

Last edited:
Not a fan of either of them, to be honest. Never got the appeal of them. But they (particularly the first one) have a huge fanbase, and have attained a cult like status. They are stunning to look at, though; I'll give them that. And the original has a brilliant soundtrack.

Again how was he softened up? He beats the shit out of kate bishop in that episode. He throws her around the room like a doll...you seem to suggest wearing the Hawaiian shirt made him soft

Again, he was, and is, a Spider-Man man villain. I'd say Netflix toughed him up rather than Marvel/Disney softened him

I have no idea what you read as a kid, but Netflix actualised his character.

I'm not the only one who's noticed the dampening down of the character. Noted writers and comic enthusiasts have noticed too. I say this cos I thought it was my imagination how different he is between the two studios.

As a say, your world view is way different from mine.

No, there's a film where he ends up in an Hawaiian shirt in a cream suit, looking the soft ****.

These films blend into one another of late, which is why I put the question mark next to the film.
That was hawkeye and the look is directly from the comics, also throughout his comic history Fisk has exhibited a softer side, especially when it comes to echo and others he loves.

He even quite crime at one point for vanessa

The netflix kingpin and the one shown in disneys hawkeye are both true to his comic charactor, but people keep thinking disney = childrens programs only, no one seems.to have heard of the watcher in the woods and something wicked this way comes

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.