Travel advice for Wembley via train

KingCarlito

Not done Wembley via train, we usually drive down, park up around Watford and get the tube in and out.

I live over in Leeds now so probably best via rail, avoid all the scuzzers coming back up north. From experience, how long has it took people in the past to get from Wembley back to Kings Cross or Euston after the game? Want to give myself enough time and book a late enough train.

Any other travel tips for in and around London appreciated. Thanks.

Not done Wembley via train, we usually drive down, park up around Watford and get the tube in and out.

I live over in Leeds now so probably best via rail, avoid all the scuzzers coming back up north. From experience, how long has it took people in the past to get from Wembley back to Kings Cross or Euston after the game? Want to give myself enough time and book a late enough train.

Any other travel tips for in and around London appreciated. Thanks.

Not that I know if there's room...but theres a bus going from leeds...@harrogateblue?

Thanks mate, appreciate it. Will send Lewis a text now as I am gonna be on the coach for Leicester for the first time.

Could be easier than messing around on trains.

I'm not going Sunderland pal. Spoke to Lewis and gonna come down to Wembley on the coach, can't wait will be a laugh.

Has anyone driven to somewhere on the M40 (Banbury or Beaconsfield) and then got the train to Wembley from there? Trains from Beaconsfield to Wembley take 20 mins but they only run hourly so getting out of Wembley could be an issue. Is there likely to be a long queue at Wembley Stadium station for trains heading North as oppose to into London?

Has anyone driven to somewhere on the M40 (Banbury or Beaconsfield) and then got the train to Wembley from there? Trains from Beaconsfield to Wembley take 20 mins but they only run hourly so getting out of Wembley could be an issue. Is there likely to be a long queue at Wembley Stadium station for trains heading North as oppose to into London?

Someone on another thread recommend this to me and it looks tempting. 2 hr drive to Banbury (traffic permitting) then 1 hr and a bit to Wembley. Train fare £22. I have no idea on the last bit of your question though but he did say he gets home 2 hrs quicker than if driving.

I have always found the queues big after the game but if you have a quick hour in the pub they are fine after that.

As for the kings cross question. I think from getting on a tube/train to getting on your train will be about 30-40 mins so factor in a queue and the possibility of ET and pens and I wouldn't be booking return trains before 8.45pm to be on the safe side.

Kings cross is easier for Wembley Park than Euston (met line, stop before so you'll get a seat), and as far as I recall the last train to Newcastle is later, given ET and penalties

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.