Travelling to Madrid

Been twice to Madrid to watch city and flew to Barcelona and got train across to Madrid,takes about 2hrs 45 mins on the fast train and trains are clean and comfy,did the journey coming back as well,if I remember the trains run every hour..

Last edited:
Been twice to Madrid to watch city and flew to Barcelona and got train across to Madrid,takes about 2hrs 45 mins on the fast train and trains are clean and comfy,did the journey coming back as well,if I remember the trains run every hour..
Do the trains run after the match, so I’d get back to Barca about 2am?

Do the trains run after the match, so I’d get back to Barca about 2am?
No chance of being back in Barca by 2am mate. Game kicks off at 9 over there so won’t finish til 11ish with all the added time nowadays then I’d allow an hour for a holdback in the ground and an hour to get back to the station in Madrid from the ground probably looking at 1am just back into Madrid centre

No chance of being back in Barca by 2am mate. Game kicks off at 9 over there so won’t finish til 11ish with all the added time nowadays then I’d allow an hour for a holdback in the ground and an hour to get back to the station in Madrid from the ground probably looking at 1am just back into Madrid centre
Ah, I thought it was 8pm ko.

I had a quick look on Friday.

I think the first train back to Barcelona after the game is 4.40 am on the Wednesday. Arrives at 7.10.

It said from £40 on the website I looked at.

Best area to stay?
Last time, we flew via Valencia which has a fast hourly train service to Atocha station which is a area with plenty of hotels eg sleep n atocha. then 20 mins walk to plaza Mayor. Coming back from the stadium it’s one road back to Atocha station with regular of buses

Last time, we flew via Valencia which has a fast hourly train service to Atocha station which is a area with plenty of hotels eg sleep n atocha. then 20 mins walk to plaza Mayor. Coming back from the stadium it’s one road back to Atocha station with regular of buses

Thanks pal

Any early indication on ticket numbers for this, same as previous seasons?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.