Trevor Francis RIP

For those who aren't old enough to know, when Trevor Francis signed for us he put at least an extra 5000 on the attendance. Such an exciting player but injury prone. RIP
That is a total urban myth, I'm afraid. The Maine Road gates when Francis played were mostly in the range 30,000 to 33,000. That was very much in line with the matches the season before and was actually less than matches which he did not play.

We should've sold the roof, kept Trevor and built a team around him.

The ineptitude of Swales,his lackies and Bernard set the club back 35 years.

Re appointing Malcolm,selling the core of Skips team etc etc.

We had a real opportunity to create sustainable success in 1972 and 1977 and fucked it up through incompetence,vanity and the devastating injury to Colin Bell.

Treasurer the present cos success is a fickle madam !!

We were on the verge of making it a big 3 of clubs and blew it, until...

.... Re appointing Malcolm,selling the core of Skips team etc etc.....
That set us back God knows how many years. We finished one point behind the all conquering Liverpool team in the 76/77 season. And that was without the King (if he'd played that season, we'd have strolled the league). 18 months or so later, Allison was re-appointed. And tore that team apart. There is an argument to be had that we never truly recovered until the 2010/11 season.

That set us back God knows how many years. We finished one point behind the all conquering Liverpool team in the 76/77 season. And that was without the King (if he'd played that season, we'd have strolled the league). 18 months or so later, Allison was re-appointed. And tore that team apart. There is an argument to be had that we never truly recovered until the 2010/11 season.
100%.

Sad news. Like many others my first away game was Trevor’s debut. I interviewed him a few years back and have posted it today as a tribute:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.