Tube Station for Wembley

steve peel said:
LongsightM13 said:
Big Tackle said:
Has anyone got any experience of parking and getting the train or tube. Any advice about where to park would be appreciated.
Park somewhere on the northern outskirts like Watford, Ruislip, High Wycombe, and tube or train to Wembley from there. Will save you loads of time getting away.

If your coming down the M1 Park at Stanmore direct tube,if using the M40 park at Uxbridge direct tube.

If coming from M40/A40 Hillington is a better option. Lots of parking at the station, look for the signs saying Hillington A437, it's the junction after the 2 Uxbridge turn offs.

scousemanc said:
Big Tackle said:
Has anyone got any experience of parking and getting the train or tube. Any advice about where to park would be appreciated.

For the United semi I used https://www.parkatmyhouse.com/ and got a spot near Uxbridge tube. The guy whose house it was was a Spurs fan and he was made up for me when we beat them!

That website is great i'm definitely going to us that. Would you recommend Uxbridge for anyone going on the M1.

Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
As someone else has said, you dont need to walk anywhere.

Off the train at euston, change platform, overground to wembley central in 21 minutes. 3 trains an hour.

Alternatively, of the train at watford, 3 direct trains to wembley central an hour and 3 with a change at harrow. 24 minutes.

Job done.
This for me^^^^^^

Hillingdon is a good choice if driving via M40.Junction 2 -Tube station is not long after leaving the motorway. I can't remember the exact route - but if I could find it -you can!
There is a large car park at the station - turn left just before the station. It cost £1.00 all day in 2011.
There is a pub overlooking the station for your aperitif- then regular Metropolitan line trains to Wembley Park- about 25 minutes.This is the station
which leads to whatever Wembley Way is now called.
In 2011 some went from Hillingdon to Sudbury then to a big pub near that station- I can't remember the name but it was something to do with the Army. Don't try this route as the Piccadilly line needed for the journey is closed that day.
From Euston I would agree that direct overground from Marylebone is best -and so much nearer to the Green Man.
Yours truly -an anorak

Inter Me Nan said:
Is it easier to get to Wembley Central from Marylebone or Euston?

Marylebone to Wembley Stadium (Chiltern Railways)
Euston to Wembley Central (Overground)
Euston Square/Baker Street to Wembley Park (Tube: Metropolitan Line)

eternaloptimist said:
Hillingdon is a good choice if driving via M40.Junction 2 -Tube station is not long after leaving the motorway. I can't remember the exact route - but if I could find it -you can!
There is a large car park at the station - turn left just before the station. It cost £1.00 all day in 2011.
There is a pub overlooking the station for your aperitif- then regular Metropolitan line trains to Wembley Park- about 25 minutes.This is the station
which leads to whatever Wembley Way is now called.
In 2011 some went from Hillingdon to Sudbury then to a big pub near that station- I can't remember the name but it was something to do with the Army. Don't try this route as the Piccadilly line needed for the journey is closed that day.
From Euston I would agree that direct overground from Marylebone is best -and so much nearer to the Green Man.
Yours truly -an anorak
Fusiliers

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.