TV Series

Half way through the Gentlemen, loving it but still not a patch on the film.

Still making our way through Suits too, nice easy viewing.

'Elsbeth'.

I dunno why, but I checked out the pilot and I found it... surprisingly funny...ish?

It doesn't take itself anywhere near as seriously as I thought it would and I would describe the lead character as a low neurotic 'Columbo' on steroids? It's difficult to pick out all the influences, but I found it some passable yarn for a pilot show.

I don't think this has longevity as a series, but it's okay short term.

Binged the second series of Kin last night. Thought it was very good. Better than series one. Bren is a nutter and would be at home on here as he loves the C word!

I thought the opposite. Definitely both series worth a watch but much preferred the first.

You’ve got to give programmes like this a bit of licence and not get too hung up on how realistic they are. But I just thought things got so silly in the second series that it was pushing credibility right to the limit.

'Elsbeth'.

I dunno why, but I checked out the pilot and I found it... surprisingly funny...ish?

It doesn't take itself anywhere near as seriously as I thought it would and I would describe the lead character as a low neurotic 'Columbo' on steroids? It's difficult to pick out all the influences, but I found it some passable yarn for a pilot show.

I don't think this has longevity as a series, but it's okay short term.

Got it in my list to "have a look at" they dropped the pilot then I'd be a month after that before it's back on! Maybe they won't to see the feed back from the pilot why they waited that long!?

Watching Alone on Hulu.

For those not familiar with the Alone series, it's about a survival contest where 10 participants - each of whom are skilled in outdoor survival - are stranded in a wilderness setting, completely alone, but with some survival gear and a satellite phone with which they can "tap out" - that is, a contestant can use their phone at any time to quit and return to civilization.

Each season starts in a different wilderness location and all contestants are let out in the same general area but far enough away from each other that they never make contact. Every week or so, doctors visit each contestant to ensure that they're healthy enough to continue the competition - those deemed at risk of health complications are withdrawn. The last remaining contestant wins and is awarded $500,000 US.

For me - Alone is a really enjoyable series. Give it a try!

8/10

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.