TV Series

I am watching Ripley at present (3 episodes in). I quite like the black and white. It was the film world of when it was set in the early 60's. The cinematography is superb. Every shot is so well composed. The framing and composition is so well done.

I am watching Ripley at present (3 episodes in). I quite like the black and white. It was the film world of when it was set in the early 60's. The cinematography is superb. Every shot is so well composed. The framing and composition is so well done.

I refuse to watch new black and white tv shows! For me they trying to be good clever! Better called Saul ruined the end of there series with the black white shows at the end!

They should give you options of colour or B&W and I'd bet majority of people would watch it in colour!

Fallout is great. Just imagine what the Halo show could've been.....

It'll never happen but I'd like the same crew to do a Bioshock series, or something in the Black Mesa/Aperture world.

Hopefully the 40k series will be as good.
Bioshock would be amazing

I think they should be a TV series of the early PC days game of Gorillas in DOS. I'd say it'd be awesome. Much better than these modern games.

(Also shout out for a Solitaire miniseries)

Last edited:
I have just binged both shows and agree with that. The books of The Last Kingdom are well worth a read/listen to. The show is more "inspired by" as opposed to a very close reproduction. It is very well done though, it does the books good service. I think the bloke who plays Alfred is fantastic, all the actors are very good though.

The Last Kingdom could easily have been 8-10 seasons long with no filler. Possibly the best show i have ever watched.

Destiny is all!

Just wanted to jump in here and echo these comments.
Bernard Cornwell is a fantastic historical writer. All of the Saxon/Last Kingdom books are great, and his Grail Quest and Warlord series are well worth reading if you enjoyed The Last Kingdom

I liked the series, this made it even better:)
Not finished it yet so not sure if theres anything in the last few episodes but there was the little city shot glass and subbuteo figure an episode or 2 later too.

Must be a city fan amongst the directors or something as they were all completely unnecessary. Lovely to see though.

Not finished it yet so not sure if theres anything in the last few episodes but there was the little city shot glass and subbuteo figure an episode or 2 later too.

Must be a city fan amongst the directors or something as they were all completely unnecessary. Lovely to see though.
Plus they've got Micah starring in one of the lead roles.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.