TV Series

As in my opinion did Breaking Bad..... got daft in the extreme as do most elongated American series...

I’ve never actually finished it, stopped watching it half way through the last season. Loved a few series but it went too far for me.

Only just got round to watching Chernobyl.
Brilliant series. Bleak as hell, but fantastic cast ensures the quality is kept up (Jared Harris and Stellan Skarsgård are class).

Think it's high time I dive into Gomorrah. Feel I'm pretty much up to date with all the real quality stuff.

Watching Fall Out on the side btw (when I see my son & daughter).

Started watching Unforgotten, Season 5 on Amazon Prime.

I loved the series so far, and especially Nicola Walker's character. It was with a bit of trepidation that I began watching season 5.

One episode in though... it's fantastic!

The tattooist of Auschwitz is a hard aul watch. Like any holocaust set TV show or film, it's moving but also fairly grotesque. Something I don't get is why young Lali has a British accent and Old Lali has a middle Eastern accent
Recording that , i feel like it is going to take complete concentration to watch and not just have it on in the back ground . Dont know if i will watch it tbh

The tattooist of Auschwitz is a hard aul watch. Like any holocaust set TV show or film, it's moving but also fairly grotesque. Something I don't get is why young Lali has a British accent and Old Lali has a middle Eastern accent

Recording that , i feel like it is going to take complete concentration to watch and not just have it on in the back ground . Dont know if i will watch it tbh

I find myself avoiding stuff like this at the moment. Some of my favourite films are very depressing watches that handle very heavy subjects, but post-pandemic I just feel like I don't have the emotional headroom to tackle that material. I wanna come home from work and be lightly entertained and/or distracted from how fucked up things have gotten, not reminded how much worse they could become.

Would recommend Shardlake on Netflix. Based on the CJ Sansom books about a hunchback lawyer investigating crimes in politically turmoil times during Tudor era. Just like the Slow Horses TV series, seems each series will be based on each Shardlake book in order, in this case Shardlake’s debut novel Dissolution. Has got me reading the books in order.

Worth a watch.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.