Twitter and me

Tuearts right boot

Halfway up a mountain,bumfuck nowhere,Snowdonia.
Now I'm strictly and slide rule and log book bloke when it comes to 'social media' I don't want to be 'followed' and I'm not particularly interested in 'following' anyone.If I don't want to be 'verbal abused' I wont put myself in a situation whereby someone could 'verbally abuse' me.So why,if these people are so concerned do they put themselves in a position where nutters can do this.And why should Twitter apologise for someone elses behaviour.Rather like BT apologising to me because some nutter phoned me up,called me a twat and slammed the phone is it not.

Exactly my thoughts on the matter - I liken it to an idiotic driver who is driving too fast who hits and kills somebody and then blames the car for giving him the ability to drive that fast. Personal responsibility for what they say and do is an alien concept to most people these days.

I think your missing the point

People use Social Media for many different reasons, just as in real life you should be free from people threatening to rape or kill you, so by your reasoning women should stay in doors all day because there are some men who might threaten to rape them

Ducado said:
I think your missing the point

People use Social Media for many different reasons, just as in real life you should be free from people threatening to rape or kill you, so by your reasoning women should stay in doors all day because there are some men who might threaten to rape them

This exactly.
Don't blame the victim.

Tuearts right boot said:
No,just saying these people seem to crave attention for whatever reason,I don't so don't understand it all. Live by the sword,die by the sword

So by your reasoning the victim is always at fault from the very fact they are there, I can't agree with that I afraid

No,again,far from it but if you put your details out in cyberspace without any knowledge of said persons then surely some idiot is going to have a go because they can.Why should twitter therefore apologise for someone elses misuse,they are providing a tool and how people use this tool is surely out of their control.Rather like Mssr Smith and Wesson or Samual Colt apologising to victims of gunfights

What would you suggest the correct response should be? Given the number of threats, the violent nature of the threats and the amount of women who get them?

Ammy said:
What would you suggest the correct response should be? Given the number of threats, the violent nature of the threats and the amount of women who get them?

I think it's moan about women day

Agaiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnn.

Third thread I've spotted today ;)

Ammy said:

This is what I don't understand,why should there be a response from the service provider and if there is why is the service provider responsible.Why not blame Tim Berners Lee for inventing the internet if someone is looking a response or blame.All to easy in this day and age.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.