UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
In pounds, how much money did we cheat/not cheat the flawed system by?

No point in falling out amongst yourselves lads. Your owners will have this thoroughly under control. It's not as if they are naive chancers or something.
They are shrewd billionaire businessmen and will know international law like the back of their hands. Imagine billionaire business men not being allowed to spend their own money on their club. None of this ffp makes sense. UEFA are probably shitting themselves and are making a gesture to pacify the established clubs but I doubt very much they want to take on Abudhabi in a legal battle. It's not going to happen.
A slap on the wrist and that's it. All b
Well I'm not really meaning to show sympathy.
Just being objective. I genuinely believe that there's nothing the corrupt UEFA can do either way.
They're most probably having to act to make it look like they are doing something.
Thank you for reaching out to us

Right OK, but you're not kidding anyone with your faux sympathy.

I'm not worried about it, I'm more concerned with those who are taking the piss, and you're not very convincing, you're only still here because I haven't yet hit the ban button.

You have more patience than me, he is an obvious WUM the rag scrote.

It is a good statement from the club which should give confidence that all will come out in the wash and an end to this pantomime is in sight one way or another.

I do have to seriously question the intelligence of those of our fans who take the view that they do not care and even welcome the prospect of us being kicked out of Europe. Go on exercise your brains for a moment.

Let us imagine UEFA kick us out for even one season. How wonderful it would be having just the three competitions to play in. Except it would be no such thing would it? Can anyone maybe come up with the reason why?? No well I am here to help.

Our manager and players would quite reasonably prefer to go and elsewhere to play in the Champions League because I absolutely guarantee Pep and every single one of the players hold a polar opposite view to those Blues who bleat on about how shite the CL is and unimportant. Missing European competition for even one season would be a major problem to them.

Sure if you dont wish to attend CL games and would prefer the challenge of trying to get double figures against Burton then fine each to their own. Lets however give some thought to those who know full well if we truly want to be on a par with the red twats either end of the east Lancs road then it is a competition we must win, If we want to continue having the likes of Laporte, Bernado, and so on wearing the Blue shirts of City then we must be challenging to win this competition every single season.

Yes UEFA are a bent set of twats no question, given this latest carry on a resumption of booing UEFA is justified but lets keep it real....without European competition even the Sheikh may loose interest, half the squad would not get games and very simply there would be all manner of consequences that could see severe damage done to Manchester City football club.

Whilst I totally agree with the disdain our fans hold UEFA with good reaason I also despair and wonder what the thought process is when concluding it would be just fine were there no CL involvement....What utter bollocks, You have not the sense you were born with.

The unfortunate truth is that if you want to continue to see a team that can and does win derbies, League titles and domestic cups for fun then the CL is like it or not vital to all the good things that have happened over the last decade continuing. So yes by all means call UEFA out, choose not to attend CL matches by all means Though I am sure Pep and the players would prefer you to give them your support, but please stop this fanciful ill thought out bollocks about how City do not need the CL....We do. I am sorry to say we need the CL more than it needs us after all our top players will go elsewhere to play in it should City not be taking part.
Great post.
There is no doubt in my mind that the CL is the holy grail for players, the management and the owners.
Winning home comps is no doubt welcome by everyone but domination at international level is what the club now aspires to.
A one year ban would not be a big hurdle but a longer ban would likely result in at least some players being lured to other top European outfits.
Like it or not the CL is vital to the club if we are to remain at the level we have got to or improve.

Great post.
There is no doubt in my mind that the CL is the holy grail for players, the management and the owners.
Winning home comps is no doubt welcome by everyone but domination at international level is what the club now aspires to.
A one year ban would not be a big hurdle but a longer ban would likely result in at least some players being lured to other top European outfits.
Like it or not the CL is vital to the club if we are to remain at the level we have got to or improve.

Exactly and I am totally bemused and astonished that so many are oblivious to this it beggars belief.

59 pages and I am still no wiser. I hate checking the forum before I go to bed.

Plus I have an early rise tomorrow.

You have more patience than me, he is an obvious WUM the rag scrote.
Maybe, but he hasn't broken the CoC yet, hence my patience so far.

Exactly and I am totally bemused and astonished that so many are oblivious to this it beggars belief.
Me too, we could get away with a one year ban, maybe even two, but beyond that the best players will be demanding transfers.

Maybe so but the evidence is dodgy as it's stolen property, it's been hacked. This will be taken into account as it's barely on legit grounds. You won't get a ban. At the most a transfer ban and a little reputation bruise.
In the long run there will be no serious damage done. UEFA are too corrupt and impotent to take on the UAE.

Some of the leaked emails tho really look bad on us. Even if they are out of context the text shows us in very bad colour. There are a couple of them under this link but adblocker is working so bit tricky to see them:
http://www.spiegel.de/fotostrecke/f...y-und-die-sponsoren-fotostrecke-167278-9.html

One of them saying the Etihad sponsorship is only 8m directly from Etihad rest is ADUG money.

Jorge Chumillas and Simon Pearce mostly in these emails, but most of them were sent to Soriano, some of them to Khaldoon.

Another asking Simon Pearce that incoming money to be routed trough partners Etihad and Etisalat not other sources so auditors can see its coming in the the right channels.

Looks like we had lot of cash but we had to play around with the UAE sponsors to make it like they give it to us. But when we needed more here and there then they gave more. Looks totally shady if these emails are correct.
Here's what UEFA say about related party sponsorships: https://www.uefa.com/community/news/newsid=2064391.html
5) Are owners allowed to inject money into their club as they like or through sponsorship?

If a club's owner injects money into the club through a sponsorship deal with a company to which he is related, then UEFA's competent bodies will investigate and, if necessary, adapt the calculations of the break-even result for the sponsorship revenues to the level which is appropriate ('fair value') according to market prices.

Under the updated regulations, any entity that, alone or in aggregate together with other entities which are linked to the same owner or government, represent more than 30% of the club's total revenues is automatically considered a related party.

UEFA (according to Der Spiegel) accepted the Etihad sponsorship as 'fair value'. So you can put your wet knickers in the drier, stick it on for 20 minutes then put them back on again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.