UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think there’s a decent chance we get a result out of CAS here.

They haven’t followed their own due process, their evidence is stolen, when all is said and done, and they signed off on our accounts when the previous sanction was agreed upon.

There isn’t just one hole in this bucket.

I have no doubt the club found some creative ways of accounting; but I’d wager that every single club, in this sham of a competition, had a legal team doing exactly the same stuff.

My fear is that, upon successful appeal, we won’t choke the life out of UEFA. If CAS rule in our favour we need to be ripping our way into their coffers and taking them for all we can.

At that point the club has 2 options; plough it all back into our club or divide some of it up and dish it out to some of the other clubs that have been trying to break into the protected elite - the likes of Hamburg and Napoli that we’re scrapping away on a Thursday night with us. Turn this shit storm into a Robin Hood story.

My real fear is that, if we succeed at CAS, we’ll make peace with the devil and become one of the protected elite at the expense of football.

They just made it up as they went along.This is what happens in a corrupt organisation,with no transparency,or accountability.No different to a Tin Pot dictatorship.

They were out to get us no matter what.

They dont give a fuck if the emails were legally obtained.And would be inadmissible in a real Court of Law.

They dont care in what context they were sent.

Our fate was decided 7 years ago.

They dragged the investigation out purposely to tarnish the brand,try and destroy us.
Spot-on. I have witnessed corruption at first-hand in large organisations. What always shocks me is the sheer brass neck of those involved. When the culture is rotten all logic goes out the window. When senior managers are unaccountable they start to believe they are invincible. Look at people like Harvey Weinstein and Michel Platini. They were genuinely shocked when they were arrested. Yves Leterme probably doesn't think he's corrupt despite the public revelations about the deal with PSG. They will do anything to achieve their end goal...which in this case was damaging City as much as possible.

Apologies To Karen.

You can stop sending me private messages demanding i post links.

The information relayed to me tonight is allegedly from 2018.I was unaware of this at the time of posting.

I would rather spend 30 million on the 50 best lawyers in the world... to sue them [UEFA] for the next 10 years” - Khaldoon Al Mubarak (2018) ...

Like i said,i am extremely sorry.I would never deliberately offend a moderator.

You’re calling it all spot on tonight. There are factions within UEFA whose loyalty to that self same organisation is non-existent. They’re stooges for the various members of the cartel. Given the unprecedented level of accusatory media scrutiny that will be on them, I find it hard to envisage that CAS will be prepared to be the ‘bad guy’, who let crooked old Manchester City completely off the hook. It all screams a 1 year ban, which given our pugnacious stance to date, I don’t see any way we can/will accept. Which leaves us where? At the mercy of whichever tame Swiss Court, UEFA contracted us to when we signed up for their competition.
I feel sorry for the players, as you can bet the media will denigrate their achievements thus far and brow beat them towards the MCFC exit, with all the upheaval to their lives that will entail. It’s hard to believe such rampant corruption exists, but it’s no surprise, in a world where the inhabitants of Sunderland can be duped into believing that the Tories have their best interests at heart, that the world will drink it all in as gospel. I find myself wishing some serious ill will on a lot of people. Cnuts.
The media started the minute they got the news, lots of libellous shit flying around which we'll happily take on the chin again, bullshit like saying all the trophies that City have ever won should now have an asterisk next to them, some **** in the Fail wrote that bollox.

Spot-on. I have witnessed corruption at first-hand in large organisations. What always shocks me is the sheer brass neck of those involved. When the culture is rotten all logic goes out the window. When senior managers are unaccountable they start to believe they are invincible. Look at people like Harvey Weinstein and Michel Platini. They were genuinely shocked when they were arrested. Yves Leterme probably doesn't think he's corrupt despite the public revelations about the deal with PSG. They will do anything to achieve their end goal...which in this case was damaging City as much as possible.
Blatter being another great example.

Look mate I was there in the third tier so I won't give up, but if people think if we lose this appeal it won't hurt us badly they are deluded.
If we don’t appeal AND WIN it will hurt us enormously. The reputational damage will cause all our sponsors to look at their deals and some will walk away. Deals that would have been enormous money generators, such as ground naming rights and shirts sponsorships are suddenly significantly less attractive to Corporations who understandably will not want to be associated with a corrupt brand.

Within the Club can the people who got us this place, Khaldoon, Soriano etc survive. Surely somebody’s head has to roll. Will the owner lose interest in having to constantly fight the cartel and walk ?

Will Pep stay ? Will our star players stay ? Can we attract new talent? Can we afford new talent ?

This may all sound gloom and doom but this has the potential to be enormously damaging, if not fatal to the Club. When all is said and done CFG is a business and these kind of things have sent many business down in the past.

Last edited:
Just been listening to Talk Shite and surprisingly the presenters were miildly supportive of us (as in the way that UEFA have handled the whole scenario).That makes me wonder if there might be a few clubs doing skidders in there grunts tonight.Chris Bird was on too,top man.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.