UEFA Nations League Finals | 19:45 - Final - Portugal vs Netherlands (Page 164)

I haven't gone off Stones, but he didn't cover himself in glory, tonight.
Good job it wasn't City, there'd be a complete melt down about it.
Wasn’t directed at you, mate — I know you are usually more measured with your assessments.

Completely agree he let himself down today. Quite a few others did, too, to be fair — they just weren’t punished like he was.

He is worse when he has a lack of minutes, the other season he looked genuinely world class until xmas, pulled a hamstring and then on his return he was probably fair to say very error prone and he has not been playing many minutes for us recently.

So, in conclusion, a rusty Stones is mistake waiting to happen, a fully tuned up Stones can be world class.

Not much good in the rotation game of today, I think he is a quality player and could continue to lead us to future glory but the mistakes are always a worry at the end of the day.
I think his personal life is catching up with him, he hasn't been the same since he split with his partner, and Pep has used him very sparingly, I also worry about his physical attributes he does seem to get bullied for a centre half and the same has happened tonight against the Dutch, there's no doubting he can play and can be very silky and tidy on the ball, but he is judge on his defensive abilities at the end of the day and I can't see him being a starter for us based on his performances over the last 12 months or so, there's no way he can replace Kompany I would have more faith in Otermendi for that at the moment

Im a disloyal city fan then too. I got shouted down when we signed him as I warned people about him, if he starts 15 games for us next year we wont win the league...

He has been with us now what, three years? His positional sense isn't good, he still gets bullied off the ball too easily and his concentration is poor. He was appalling against Spur's at home, all over the shop. He has had his chance here, picked up a few trophies but its time for an upgrade.

who gives a fuck about England?

It's a glorified friendly at the end of two long seasons and a world cup. Why is anyone surprised that walker, who has played almost every game, and stones, who has consistently struggled for fitness, are completely shegged?

Has Stones done that for us this season? No. He's done it a couple of times in the past but as long as he performs for City, which he does, then i don't give a fuck.

People are rewriting history - he has had a good season, and the only reason he didn't play in the run in was Vinny.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.