UEFA Youth League vs Sevilla, KO 5pm, Academy Stadium

We need to learn how to score and finish a match. 1-0 up & controlling the match, we should of won.

Very nice to watch in parts & lots to look forward too though.

Aleix Garcia looked like the most gifted player in the first half before fading in the second. Way ahead of Manu Garcia for me, whom I'm yet to see control a game or do anything decisive at this level.

I thought Ambrose looked a bit off and hasn't returned to anywhere near his form before his injuries.

Everyone was else was ok and we do work well with the ball. Better finishing would've seen a comfortable win.
Aleix (pronounced 'alaysh') is an absolute Rolls Royce of a player. I really hope he continues developing with us. For me he's a combination of Viera and Yaya in playing style.

We need to learn how to score and finish a match. 1-0 up & controlling the match, we should of won.

Perhaps the manager needs to learn a thing or two about shutting up shop,i'm sure he could have made better use of our substitutes.

We should have had daylight between us before Sevilla scored. Same old, same old - we have the ball and the next thing yer know it's in our net. The 'hundreds and thousands' mentality is creeping down from the first team. The holistic philosophy of thinking that if one or two chances are spurned, several more will be right up!

Aleix (pronounced 'alaysh') is an absolute Rolls Royce of a player. I really hope he continues developing with us. For me he's a combination of Viera and Yaya in playing style.

He has plenty of quality but I would argue he is nothing like either of the 2 players you have compared him to. Yaya is a beast going forward on the ball with his driving runs but Garcia rarely ventures forward never mind with anything like the power and intent that Yaya does. Viera similarly drove forward well with the ball but also had real defensive qualities with tackling etc but I am far from convinced about his defensive qualities. Not rubbish but I just don't see it as a strength.

My comparison with him would be Alonso. Good on the ball and sprays passes with ease with both feet.Sees key passes and can deliver too but despite all that the jury is still out for me.

He has plenty of quality but I would argue he is nothing like either of the 2 players you have compared him to. Yaya is a beast going forward on the ball with his driving runs but Garcia rarely ventures forward never mind with anything like the power and intent that Yaya does. Viera similarly drove forward well with the ball but also had real defensive qualities with tackling etc but I am far from convinced about his defensive qualities. Not rubbish but I just don't see it as a strength.

My comparison with him would be Alonso. Good on the ball and sprays passes with ease with both feet.Sees key passes and can deliver too but despite all that the jury is still out for me.
Haha, I wish I'd said more now because we certainly agree on why he is not like yaya and viera!
Why I made the comparison is to them is because I think he passes like the late vintage Viera, the Viera after his legs started to go and he became more of a linker and controller than a hard tackling general.
Aleix's ability to dictate the tempo of our play with his passing and running in midfield remind me a lot of the Mancini vintage Yaya, the Yaya who passed teams to death in his pomp.
I see what you mean about his lack of powerful running from midfield but not sure whether it is a lack of ability on his part or how the team is set up. Time will tell I suppose.

I thought Kean Bryan was the stand out player last night.
I agree,hopefully he will soon have his performances rewarded with a bench place - he has the potential to at least attain Fernando's level,although I suspect his athleticism and superior vision will see him surpass such - his leadership abilities are also superb.

I agree,hopefully he will soon have his performances rewarded with a bench place - he has the potential to at least attain Fernando's level,although I suspect his athleticism and superior vision will see him surpass such - his leadership abilities are also superb.

I agree too.

Roberts had a bit of a bizarre stinker & Ambrose can't hit a bull's arse with a banjo since his injury. A. Garcia was very good indeed & is showing signs of coming to terms with English football & has now started winning a lot of headers too. M. Garcia has loads of talent but struggles to really make an impression on the game, although he should have registered an assist with a great pass through to Roberts, who seemed to aim for the corner flag. Bryan was tough in the tackle & played some superb passes through to Nemane etc. He lloks a potential class act.

So we were comfortable in the game, creating & missing chances, conceding very few opportunities, & Vieira puts Kean Bryan at left back, where he was hopeless. Then he brings on a striker & plays him on the wing. Sevilla took over.

Vieira cost City the game.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.