Unable to Google

LWashington

I'm born 1969 way before the internet. I'm able to find 99% of the stuff from my Childhood like Holidays at Butlins/ Pontins etc. Sometimes I think I'm going mad (quite possible) because there's three things I can clearly remember (or so I thought) from my childhood that I've come up with nothing on searches (no matter how I seem to order/phrase) the words.

1) Remember watching an eastern European side v Germany/ German side late 1970's . My sister /babysitter were both shouting for the underdogs when they scored a goal. This guy picked it up from midfield beat challenges and scored with a shot only to find an over officious linesman had flagged for offside because in the previous attack their winger had been knocked unconscious by the corner flag. I'm unable to find this on searches.

2) Like most primary school children refused to sing hymns mumbled at best but this hymn we sang had the last line "Christ in us thy church rebuild!" I remember it as it was the only line we knew. And we all shouted this much to the annoyance of our teachers. I can't find this on searches ... The name of the hymn.

3) I remember once having a babysitter and this program came on . I would have said Tales of the Unexpected. but I couldn't swear to this (That's what i Googled) There was a program on TV where this pig's head had been brought back from a far place. This Shop Assistant now saw this creature in shop.She seemed to be the only person to see it except at the end when it was wreaking havoc in the isles.

So reply if you can answer any of these questions or if you have your own thing from personal history that you cannot find.

'Christ our King in glory reigning / All our strength from thee proceeds', set to SUNDERLAND by Geoffrey Beaumont

Lord, to everyone supplying
Different gifts for all to use:
Give us strength on thee relying,
All our selfishness to lose;
May we each in our vocation
With thy Spirit be instilled;
By thy humble incarnation,
Christ in us thy Church rebuild.

Lord, thou callest us to witness
By our worship and our love;
Lord, look not on our unfit-ness,
Send thy Spirit from above;
Jesu, humbly we adore thee,
Make us thine as thou hast willed;
By thy reign of endless glory,

Damocles said:
'Christ our King in glory reigning / All our strength from thee proceeds', set to SUNDERLAND by Geoffrey Beaumont

Lord, to everyone supplying
Different gifts for all to use:
Give us strength on thee relying,
All our selfishness to lose;
May we each in our vocation
With thy Spirit be instilled;
By thy humble incarnation,

Lord, thou callest us to witness
By our worship and our love;
Lord, look not on our unfit-ness,
Send thy Spirit from above;
Jesu, humbly we adore thee,
Make us thine as thou hast willed;
By thy reign of endless glory,

Thanks Damocles least out out of three made me more confident I wasn't going insane. Thanks also Tuearts right boot for pointing out my incorrect English after loads of Stella which a tend to need for matches nowadays.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.