Under the Radar....?

i see skies of blue

half way between the gutter and the stars
A lot of talk on here, and in the Media, about our potential business dealings on and off the field this summer. How much of this is going to be played out in the media and how much will be done under the radar?

The owners seem like restrained people and I would guess they would prefer things to be conducted quietly, only going public with a done deal. The Kaka thing in January seems to prove my point, 4 months worth of work done very quietly (according to Cook), and it was only in the last week when Milan started leaking to the press that things went wrong. Berlusconi was on the phone to his own TV station 2mins after we backed down claiming the high ground and we ended up looking very stupid... Have we learned from this and will we be more media-savy as a result?

Is it only going to be A-listers we're going to persue, or will we find another Vincent Kompany (for example) on the quiet, who wasn't that well known but has turned out to be a class signing? I remember Svens deals, for all his links with agents and the media, seemed to be concluded with the minimum of fuss, and we only knew they were signing for us when they turned up for a medical, when you would expect the opposite to have been true.

yeah i much prefer it done out of sight.... dont think it will be like that tho. for one thing, we will be the centre of attention for the media once the window opens, unlike past seasons. for another, our targets have been reported with total accuracy long before the event, if you know where to look. sadly I think the management team dont care who knows their targets. the attempted superstar signings are kept under the radar so we dont end up with egg on our face, but the main list seems to be an open secret. I read a 100% correct list of our initial targets before the january window opened in the times. the other broadsheets had the same list. of course agents and other clubs use the media to link anybody and everybody with us, so it can be a bit confusing at times, but, I think I'll be able to tell the difference this summer.

I think they will be trying to all the business under the radar if possible

but the press will have the club under the microscope so it won't be easy

I do wonder how many deals are currently being worked on as I do believe that in and ideal world we want all the transfer in place before the start of the season or even the start of the preseason

the amount of possible changes happening we'll need all the time we can get to bed the new signings in

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.