United 2016/17

Status
Not open for further replies.
Found this little beauty in the Sun this morning!
23siump.jpg

All hail "The Special One"™

My hatred of all things rag is up there with the best of them, and so I don't want to give any credit to any rag manager, but in fairness to all the others on the list they didn't have the worlds most expensively assembled squad to work with?

Hence it's not fair to judge the others comparing percentages against "The special one-one". If it was weighted he'd look even worse.

I had basically handed them the Europa but watching them v Swansea have got my hopes up they might not do it

it's not managing players that's been Mourinho's greatest strength at United so far. It's not even managing upwards or managing the media. Managing the fans is the aspect of the job that he has truly mastered
http://www.skysports.com/football/n...er-united-mantra-is-to-prime-fans-for-failure

Really good article on how Mourinho has sold his alternative facts to the fan base.

How true that is. I was speaking to a United fan at work last Friday after the Derby. I said I thought we were unlucky, but was nevertheless upbeat about the direction Guardiola is taking us in. He then said that he was happy with their performance and with the way they are shaping up. I was absolutely gobsmacked. I couldn't believe he was saying this. He didn't want Mourinho in the first place, but has now been brainwashed into thinking he is one of the best managers.

The Carrick Fan is another example of how they hang on Mourinho's every word. He comes out with the same criticisms of Jones and Smalling for not playing whilst injured, without any knowledge of what those injuries are other than what their manager tells them.

I'd be very surprised if the players don't revolt against this at some point, like they did last year at Chelsea.

The jurnos on BT's European football show are ripping the rag new one. All are adamant that Vigo will beat the scum because of their aggressive attacking play. They even joked Delta will win the first leg and the return at the swamp will be 1-1.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.