United thread 2017/18

Status
Not open for further replies.
He really wasn't excellent. Propped up by better midfielders around him.
Funny he can't produce by himself when supported with Carrick
He was excellent at Juventus. For the most part...had a bad injury iirc and a bit quieter on his return to their team,but still did ok.
Last season was his first in the prem,after no pre season training, and after playinng deep into the summer after his national team progressed the dustance in the euros
David Silvas first season in english football was pretty low profile before he settled in and produced ths magic week in week out in a wholly different physically challenging environment than he had been used to.
I hate utd as much as anyone on this site but to judge him after an average first season,and attempt to say he was rubbish at Juventus,when we tried to sign him from that club two summers ago,and make no mistaks we really wanted him....makes no sense at all.
Yes he is over priced,yes he is a knob,but he is a quality player which is why he plays centrsl ,midfield for France,one of the most 'technical' skilful international teams on the planet.

I thought Pogba and De Gea were outstanding against Barcelona. A pity about the rest of the team, and particularly the coach who spend £200m on Pogba and Lukaku and then plays his usual defensive game. Not until Barcelona put their subs on did Utd have a go, and even then it was pretty pathetic stuff. It is only pre-season. Results don't matter too much. Neither do perfomances. What does matter though is the attitude of the coach. We knew what he was about, that he wouldn't change his spots, but I have heard Utd fans argue that once Mourinho has his players in, and now that the players have the 'winning mentality', Utd will change. No sign of that. Same old Jose. In fact he didn't start out like this. When did he become a philosopher of Pulis? probably some time out in Spain whilst Guardiola was dealing out the punishment with Barcelona

I thought Pogba and De Gea were outstanding against Barcelona. A pity about the rest of the team, and particularly the coach who spend £200m on Pogba and Lukaku and then plays his usual defensive game. Not until Barcelona put their subs on did Utd have a go, and even then it was pretty pathetic stuff. It is only pre-season. Results don't matter too much. Neither do perfomances. What does matter though is the attitude of the coach. We knew what he was about, that he wouldn't change his spots, but I have heard Utd fans argue that once Mourinho has his players in, and now that the players have the 'winning mentality', Utd will change. No sign of that. Same old Jose. In fact he didn't start out like this. When did he become a philosopher of Pulis? probably some time out in Spain whilst Guardiola was dealing out the punishment with Barcelona

Probably after Spurs put five past Chelsea a couple of seasons ago.

I actuaaly thought jose had always practised safety first football,but i may be wrong.
Cant remember now how Porto played but i didnt think it was open attacking football.
I,m pretty sure chelski more or less over powered teams first time round,using a platform of rigid defensive organisation
but again i could be wrong.

He was excellent at Juventus. For the most part...had a bad injury iirc and a bit quieter on his return to their team,but still did ok.
Last season was his first in the prem,after no pre season training, and after playinng deep into the summer after his national team progressed the dustance in the euros
David Silvas first season in english football was pretty low profile before he settled in and produced ths magic week in week out in a wholly different physically challenging environment than he had been used to.
I hate utd as much as anyone on this site but to judge him after an average first season,and attempt to say he was rubbish at Juventus,when we tried to sign him from that club two summers ago,and make no mistaks we really wanted him....makes no sense at all.
Yes he is over priced,yes he is a knob,but he is a quality player which is why he plays centrsl ,midfield for France,one of the most 'technical' skilful international teams on the planet.
I respectfully disagree, he has done very, very little to suggest he's the superstar the press and yourself make him out to be yet

I respectfully disagree, he has done very, very little to suggest he's the superstar the press and yourself make him out to be yet

Absolutely.

I follow Italian football closely, and for time we were also linked so I paid a lot of attention to him.

I think a simple way to describe it, is he's shit. In professional footballing terms, by that standard. He's shite. Vastly overrated and I think it will be for the world to see next season.

Still at it in a friendly
tumblr_otqckv59Ku1tf8a5ao1_500.gif
Dirty bastard!!

Every time I see him elbow someone it gets my goat.
Why is he such a ****? nothing would make me happier than someone doing it back to him
If someone did it to him he would go down like he'd been shot, and Jose wouldn't stop jumping up and down until the perpetrator was being led off the pitch in handcuffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.